Just got a 96 Snake, how can I get more power?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey blackfang, yea, it was 400+ for the torsen T2 diff, 160 for the frpp gears, and 200 for the rest of the stuff + labor. I personally like mac because of the deeper tone with it. Call me crazy, but I don't like flowmaster, everycar has it and its too quiet for me. I was going to do lca's, springs, and cc plates first. But have no idea what engine parts to get. What brand cai yields the most hp? What are some good bolts on's, stuff like that.

mustangcam said:
where can u get gears installed for under 500 bucks. ford dealership?
Probably if you know the mechanic. Buy the FRPP gears and installation kit THEN it may be under 500 for the installation. (Don't forget about speedo gear). Go 4.30's if you're running N/A. Screw CAI's until one of the last mods. You might consider getting underdrive pulleys and an 'x' pipe with the change provided you didn't pay too much for the gears/installation.

Good Luck! :SNSign:

mustangcam said:
4.30's ? isnt that a little much...i plan on going to the track as soon as i get a respectable amount of mods done so would i run out of 4th gear?
We are talking COBRA's and 4v Motors here:
Don't let the 4.30's scare ya, it will really allow you to apply the power at lower speeds and from off the line. After all, you've got a motor that doesn't reach a good power level until around 4000+ RPM, those 4.30's will keep you in that zone for the next gear after changing at or near redline at 7K rpm. If I wasn't running a supercharger, I'd be running 4.30s or even 4.56s. With your trans, you'll still be pulling through 4th gear. :nice:
2v Motors, 3.73 w/pwr adders or 4.10s NA all the way.

i mentioned to a friend of mine at school who has a 2v stang that i was concidering getting 4.30's and his jaw dropped. he said that was way to low. but i trust the people on this website more than him. i will order the 4.30's this week if u are sure that i wont run out of gear in the 1/4.

Another thing you will want to investigate is if it had the overheating fix that was notorious with the 96 Cobra. Mine always ran fine in the summer until you flipped on the AC then you would just watch the temp gauge climb. I think the fix entailed an external oil cooler and a beefier radiator.

SVT98Snake said:
A good comparison.......

Adding 4.30's to a slightly modded car such as my old one feels about the same as slapping a 8 psi blower on a stock cobra with stock gears.........

its really that much of a difference? if i was thinking i was gonna get a blower in about a year for graduation, would 4.10's still make a difference that i could feel until then?