just got a t56 magnum

03s281sc

Mar 31, 2005
maryland
today i put in a fidanza aluminum flywheel, spec st 2.5 clutch and a t56 magnum... my question is does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts that bolt the transmission and the bellhousing together?

• Sponsors (?)

called d&d and they said bellhousing to tranny is 26 ft lbs.. but they also told me the 2 bolts on the shifter (that arent included in the $3900 i just spent:mad:) were 10mm by 100 which was incorrect, then another guy at d&d when i called a hour later said they were 10 by 1.5.. wrong... took me 3 hours of running around in traffic to the hardware store to figure out it was 3/8 by 24.. dont get me wrong, they are super nice guys to deal with on the phone, but they werent even close on giving me the right answer.. hopefully they were right about it taking 3.75 quarts of mobil 1 atf

called d&d and they said bellhousing to tranny is 26 ft lbs.. but they also told me the 2 bolts on the shifter (that arent included in the $3900 i just spent:mad:) were 10mm by 100 which was incorrect, then another guy at d&d when i called a hour later said they were 10 by 1.5.. wrong... took me 3 hours of running around in traffic to the hardware store to figure out it was 3/8 by 24.. dont get me wrong, they are super nice guys to deal with on the phone, but they werent even close on giving me the right answer.. hopefully they were right about it taking 3.75 quarts of mobil 1 atf

Call them back and tell them what it takes, then call them tomorrow and ask which thread they are. :nice:

:mad:o dont worry i will... first thing monday... and i need to fing out where my driveshaft is too... i need to put 500 miles on the car to break it in by friday for hotrod week in ocean city and still dont have a driveshaft....