Just got back from Gettin 4.10's and Dyno Tune

Aibal

Nov 17, 2003
Frisco, TX
For my automatic 4.10's were an excellent choice. The car drives so much better!! The tune was done without a chip. They just flashed the ECU and set the shift points and speedo. Also took out a little timing for the N20. It shifts alot faster now and barks 1-2. Speedworks really knows there stuff, the gears dont whine a bit! Im very happy!

• Sponsors (?)

Aibal said:
For my automatic 4.10's were an excellent choice. The car drives so much better!! The tune was done without a chip. They just flashed the ECU and set the shift points and speedo. Also took out a little timing for the N20. It shifts alot faster now and barks 1-2. Speedworks really knows there stuff, the gears dont whine a bit! Im very happy!

Congrats on the gears!! How many RPMs are you turning at 65, 70 & 80 MPH??

WES

Thats a really solid deal you got there...

I'm sure your car is plenty quick and streetable to the extreme with the auto.
Also, with a 100 shot and the consistency of an auto... you can be a contenda.
If you have some times post em.

The reflash is an actual change in the program. If i disconnect my battery the changes will stay. There is a minor amount of learning that the car will forget, but the speedo, shift points, a/f ,etc revert back only to what was programed in.

Aibal,

I have an 02 GT, Auto., and I have a set of 4:10's waiting for install.

When they "flashed" your car, did they test drive it, and make further tweeks or anything like that? Just curious. I am very leary about the hand-held programmers (the Superchips cust. svc. people are a joke, and give diff. info. every time I call, and Hypertech doesn't have one for my car yet), and my installer offered to "install a chip", which I suspect is a off the shelf FordChip.....not interested. I want some customized attention, and not to have to mess with my PCM, thus voiding my warranty. Did you find that the "personal" attention, and details were more evident in the tuning?

Thanks.

Aibal said:
congrats on the gears and the tune :nice:

Aibal said:
The reflash is an actual change in the program. If i disconnect my battery the changes will stay. There is a minor amount of learning that the car will forget, but the speedo, shift points, a/f ,etc revert back only to what was programed in.

Could you expand the "minor amount of learning" part? So, what you're saying is that it's NOT possible for the car to revert back to STOCK program because the battery got disconnected or died?

The attention was good. They had to redo the speedo correction after the first try because it didnt take, but compared to my GPS and my Acura MDX its dead on now. They did not need to drive, as everything was done right on the dyno. My tune was done specific to Nitrous use. They pulled the timing back 3 degrees and adjusted my a/f ratio help avoid a lean condition when Im spraying. The car still drives excellant with the timing retard. You can get a flip chip for more $$$, however, I have been advised by Speedworks to stay far away from any Programmers, chips, they cause nothig but problems for some people, and for my specific application a ECC flash was all I needed and I dont have the worries. It runs great on and off the spray=Flip chip not needed.

The program that the car comes with from FORD is no longer in the computer at ALL...Therfore, even when left without power for 40 days and 40 nights it could not possibly go back to the FORD program because it does not exist inside of my stang. If left powerless, the car must make minor changes to fuel pulses, timing, etc which compesates for conditions such as altitude, air density and other conditions that the computer uses to adjust itself so that it can continue to drive smoothly, This is the minor learning that the computer must do. My main program which has main timing, a/f ratio, gear and speedo paramiters stays until such a time that it is reprogrammed with a reflash. Hope this helps...