Just got back from Summit!

shawnster

May 17, 2003
Akron, Ohio
I just got back from Summit Racing and bought from the H-pipe back Flowmasters exhaust system..It is the American Thunder..The guy that works there says they sound good..What do you guys think? I seen stuff on exhausts on here about series 40, 2 chamber, 3 chamber..I have know idea what that means because there is nothing on the instruction manual that says that..all it says is "American Thunder"..Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, for all you 2 chamber flow haters, the main reason why i fell in love with foxbody stangs was the fact that they sounded great. Yes i know some people think flowmasters drone too much; honestly , it is all in what you like, they sound good yes if you want the classic mustang sound its fine. Some exhaust i have heard just disgusts me on some mustangs, but thats just me.

flowmaster? classic sound? we've got some delta flow 40's on our '67 vert and i've never heard a classic quite like it, unless of course you count the others with flows...JMHO but i'm not a fan of the flows. still, the american thunder system is by far not the worst soundign system i've heard on a late-model

yes classic sound . by me saying classic is the same as saying "typical" or "not out of the ordinary".. The fact that most foxs around here have flowmaster 2 chambers suggests to me that it is a common choice. If you want an exotic sound, go with bassani, or to piss of your neighbors, get a mac catback... it was your decision, its not a bad one, you will not be disapointed. Now if you wanted a truely unique sounding mustang, then i would say your out of luck :nice:

Flowmaster is by far the best sounding exhaust on the market today!! Nice decision on the exhaust. And there is a reason why soo many people have flows, and its cuz they sound the best. Drone?!?!?! No, dont worry about that, and if people tell you that they think flows drone too much then they really shouldnt be puttin an exhaust on their stang anyways because thats the point of a nasty exhaust is to hear it all the time!!! Personally flows have that best sounding idle, and the 40s scream at WOT especially with a good pair of headers and an O/R H pipe!! Honestly im kinda sick of everyone bitchin bout flows and saying that spintechs and bullets are the way to go now....nah!!! those sound terrible IMO, and they totally change the way the car sounds....so much that they dont sound like a stang anymore. If you get anything but flows get some magnapacks....those things absolutely SCREAM!! Nice choice tho...go with the FLOW!!

I have flows too,the 2 chambers have a drone at highway speeds,the 3 chambers were designed to cut out the drone,and they actually creat more torque then the 2 chambers,not that you would notice.

Flowmasters RULE! I'm with IndyBlack5.0 and sixty9boss302 and a few others. Flowmasters were made for Mustangs.

My exaust setup: BBK LT's with H pipe, and had the American Thunder system, but I chopped the pipes and run turndowns. It sounds the way I have always wanted my car to sound. Drone, well for some reason I don't get any, maby it is the longtubes and the cam. It has a nice deep rumble and muscell car sound and really barks loud at WOT. The only other setup I would like to try would be 2 SLP resonators dumped in the place of the Flows, but I'm not that interested in changing a good thing.

Nice Sound...

:D Yes,they sounds nice,thoseFlowmasters. My -86 flows thru a Force II,17203 (2.5"),with Delta Flow Three-chamber mufflers and polished tips. In combination with BBK off road H-pipe, it sounds great,all the way from idle to WOT ! Exhaust is like music, we all like different sounds :nice: Good Luck with yours! PS! 2 or 3 chambers, its only like 2 or 3 chambers/ sections inside the muffler.Different way of redusing sound,making back pressure and high flow at WOT..