Just got back fron Esterhazy Drags!!

• Sponsors (?)

longfellowdeeds said:
good races... although the viper took alot of attention away!! Todd's Saleen really took off! canada stang where you from?? you got a stang??
Ya, I really like that Saleen,seen him race it a few times, very impressive. I was writing down the times as the cars ran, but I didn't get any times for Todds Saleen though.
Yup, I've got a 98 Gt, didn't bring it to the races though, I brought my bike instead. [Red ZX12R, behind the Viper]That was the 1st Viper I have ever seen in person. Very Nice!!!
Oh, I'm from Russell MB

I never took my car,I justed worked in the pits for a few friends that were racing, Mark Bedwells orange 70'GTO, George Bilinsky 91' Fierbird[ he dropped it off the jackstand and poked a hole in the oilpan :( ] Jon Dunn's 70' Z28 [Blue white stripes] Al Russin's 67' Cuda and Dennis Unger's 63' Valiant.

I was there if I'm not mistaken Todd ran a 7:49 and Sean broke his trans lots of nice cars there Todds got a lot more oomph to milk out of the new motor he just put in it was the first time out for it a little tuning and he'll be low 7's for sure I didn't get to see the Viper they wouldn't let us go to the crowd so we wouldn't miss our turn but my neighbour had his charger there with the daytona wing on it

DELUXE MW said:
I was there if I'm not mistaken Todd ran a 7:49 and Sean broke his trans lots of nice cars there Todds got a lot more oomph to milk out of the new motor he just put in it was the first time out for it a little tuning and he'll be low 7's for sure I didn't get to see the Viper they wouldn't let us go to the crowd so we wouldn't miss our turn but my neighbour had his charger there with the daytona wing on it
Just wanted to tell you that everyone enjoyed watching that BIG Fury perform. :nice: That motor must be putting out a lot of ponies to be pushing that big beast down the 1/8 mile that quick. If I remember correctly, it was running around 8.9@84mph Very respectable indeed!!!

Thanks! actually 8.92 was my dialin but I was running a best of 8.74 but was playing with carb jetting because we built new headers the day before and was having trouble with consistency so I was braking at the end so I wouldn't breakout , had a blast racing against the orange convertable stang of Dean's he is a great guy.I am not sure what that motor puts out but here are some stats , 4000lb car, 3.23 gearset 26 inch tire, 2800 stall , 360 .040 over. I drive the car as much as possible (I live in Yorkton and work in melville) so I commute with it it still rips off around 18 MPG and is a lot of fun

DELUXE MW said:
Thanks! actually 8.92 was my dialin but I was running a best of 8.74 but was playing with carb jetting because we built new headers the day before and was having trouble with consistency so I was braking at the end so I wouldn't breakout , had a blast racing against the orange convertable stang of Dean's he is a great guy.I am not sure what that motor puts out but here are some stats , 4000lb car, 3.23 gearset 26 inch tire, 2800 stall , 360 .040 over. I drive the car as much as possible (I live in Yorkton and work in melville) so I commute with it it still rips off around 18 MPG and is a lot of fun
Wow!! I'm thinking it would take a strong running 440 to better those kinda numbers in a 4000lbs car. Are you running a 100 shot nitrous? You know, if I never seen that car run, and you were to tell me you'd race my Stang for $100, I'd snicker and Sure I'll race ya, Hee! Hee! And then, I'll be damned if my wallets not $100 lighter 8.74 seconds later.
Once again, very Cool!!! :hail2:

Thanks for the compliments I've surprised many a car at the streetlights , no NOS for me as a motor builder I kinda think nos is the easy way out , I recently did some research on a 351 W build for a friend I hope he builds it it could be fun and it was a Ford that put me away that day (Damn Maverick) hehehehehe