Just got my speed cal...

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, 2.73 and 3.27 were the options for AODE's.

You really need to check your ratio out though - we don't change tags when we swap gears. Jack up the rear [safely] and spin the tire one revolution. NOte how many times the DS turns in that time. If the DS spins ~3.25 turns, you should have 3.27's. If it spins ~2.75 turns, that's 2.73's.

I put a small piece of tape on the tire and on the DS so it's easier to count the turns and not get lost (I have the attention span of a rabbit).

Good luck.

I ended up getting a GPS out on my car - the SpeedCal calculations got me close by putting in the tire size etc but it was just a tad off according to the two GPS's I used so I had to tweak the DIP switches a tad.

It may not be a big deal for you but for tuning my shifting it really helped to have the speedo nutson since I've got an autotragic transmission.

Wes

Take a RPM and speed measurement for a known gear (without the speed cal) and use a gear calculator to estimate the gear... OR if the speed cal is in then set it for one of the 3 ratios (2.73 is most likely) and then take a dat apoint between speed and rpm.... fast in 5th works the best... and use this to verify if the speed cal is set right...

BTW my pinion gear said 2.73 after it was pulled out... that is how I determined what was in my car...

Here are the likely axle codes on the vehicle certification label.

BM 2.73L
AM 2.73L
M 2.73L
VM 2.73L
68 2.73C
8 2.73C
EZ 3.08L
HZ 3.08L
C 3.27L
E 3.27L
LE 3.27L
ME 3.27L
SE 3.27L
5 3.27C

L= Limited Slip
C= Conventional

This thread is way old I know, but I would rather use it than start a new one. When using a speed cal, and adjusting the DIP switches, which is "0" and which is "1"? Im thinking of the switches like a light switch. Is the up position the "1" setting? My speedo is way off after my install. Thanks to anyone who can help, cause the American Muscle directions dont specify positions...

Edit: The chart tells 1 or 0 for ratio changes, but not which position is (up or down) is 1 or 0.

Final Drive, alternative to Speed-Cal

Raise car on jack-stands or hoist, turn rear wheels (off the ground) one revolution and count the revolutions of your driveshaft. That will give you your final drive ratio. Observe if the other wheel (the one you are not turning) turns in the same direction (if it turns in the other sense then you are actually spinning the differential, not the driveshaft). This method tells you your FDR even if it has been changed by a previous owner, something not unusual with cars of this age...

Different question: I want to purchase a DM Speed-Cal device for myself.
However, I require shipping to Germany, and they seem to be unable to do it (they come up with additional claims for money after I have already paid what they invoiced me and odd things like that). I am in correspondence with them to find a way to make the deal work for both me and them, but while that does not seem to work out, I am looking for alternative products in the market that do the same as this thing does, preferably from a vendor who knows how to make deals - any suggestions?
Thank you for advice...

If you can wait til the 10th I can get you your anwser. I had to figure it out too. I think I have it written down on my speedcal.

Thanks man. Part of my problem is that I figured out my car had 3.08's stock. But the speedo still feels a bit slow for the pace Im actually moving. I would greatly appreciate your confirmation if it isnt too much of a hassle.