Just got new NAPA HARMONIC BALANCER....WoW read...

Xtreme Limits

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Hudson, Florida
First off, i got to say i love my mustang now :hail2: , since i got my heads ported , F303 cam , Roller Rockers, and Ported lower, put in the car last spring, the first thing i found was more Hp & Tq :) , the car pulled hard to 5500rpm then slowly pulled to 6250rpm,(in 3,4,5th gears), and the car ran at 250*F, then we blew a T5 tranny, put a used one in that we got for free (was junk) but got my dad to work and back for 2 months, we finaly got a good tranny and put it in wensday, the car was shakeing like it had a bad motor mount or what we thought was the bad tranny, but we had a new tranny in and just didnt drive right, so came right home to find the problem , motor mounts like new, noticed all my bolts from the valve covers were almost all the way backed out, hmmmmm.... after 10mins. of looking, found out that the hermonic balancer went bad, so today dad went to napa got a new one and put it on , when he took the old one off it fell right apart in his hands, we both both looked at eachother and stated laughing :rlaugh: .......

Anyway new one on went for a ride WOW pulls hard to 6,250rpm(stock revlimiter) and still wants to pull more rpms :jaw: motor idles rock smooth , car doesnt even feel like it has a cam, we both know the car has never ran this good before :hail2: from 5000-5500 fells like we gained 10-15more Hp, 55-6250 is were its night and day i say more around 30-40Hp no joke :nice: :spot: .......

We think the harmonic balancer was on its way out before we did all the motor work last year, and thouht it was the cam that made the car shake, butat first it wasnt too bad but compared to now umm... it was very bad :mad: , im posting this to help out others too, if your cars running rougher, not as powerfull, or doesnt rev check the balancer :)

car now needs a set of slicks cus my dad said it will be very close if not 12's , just a big change from a $70 part :nonono: :D :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

When my stocker started to wobble, some people told me that "they just do that, it's part of thier 50oz imbalance" Well, I knew this was not right so I went all out and bought a Romac, it was over $200 but hey, what a difference. Sometimes I forget the RPM is too high. Except for the exaust note, the engine runs really smooth at higher rpms. The quality of the SFI units is so far better.

Yours was just completly gone. You are lucky you didn't mess up your main berrings. You probally put some unnessasarry wear no doubt, and I bet if you ever take that engine apart, you will see it, but you saved it in time. I'm glad you found the problem. It's funny how it's the little things that cause the big problems.