Just Got Slammed on Corral

• Sponsors (?)

I hate corral.net they think they're the chit. The only cool ones over there is the ones from here. Also that place is not really a great place for tech either in my oppinion.

Those wheels are new, unique, and have a lot of style. I don't see what's wrong, except that a lot of people are skeptical of things that are different.

Thank God you chose to do something original. :) Otherwise, wouldn't we all eventually have the same looking cars?

Post pics once you've got them on. I'm sure you'll sway plenty of others to consider those rims, or at least something different than the norm.

I, like many here have already stated, don't frequent there as often as I used to for this very reason. I had more post there a year ago... now look at me. This place had the rep of being for the "younger crowd" and for being more about "post your pics of ...." and that was looked down on over there. It didn't bother me and I enjoy it much more here than I ever did there. There isn't as much "technical" stuff here, but there is a ncie mix of everything without all the drama. The corral has always been known as being a "drama" place. I still check in there from time to time, but there is more useage here in this 94-95 forum than there is over there, at least it appears that way.

I would have to say this place is a much friendlier group. I purposely never got a membership over there for that reason. I realy appreciate all the help you have given me. I wouldn't knock anyones personal taste. Hot rodders have been blinging cars for years. Thats what makes our cars as individual as all of us. Screw that guy! who is he to critique! I dont care if he has the fastest stang in N. America. Alot of people think my stripes are gay but I like them and thats all that matters. Do as you wish and get your wheels man. there HOT as HELL anyways.

I agree this 94/95 forum seems to get more action than corrals. I find myself browsing the same threads three days in a row. As for the rims, they look hot but they would probably be out of my budget.

wytstang said:
Their nuts man, those thing look sweet.
:lol:

riaa.gif

How the heck are they too bling? I could see with like spinners or all spokes or something like that juse because they are chrome? LOL man I guess I would get a lot of bad comments with the chrome Bullet take off wheels I wanna get LOL or some of the BBS wheels hehe. I guess getting a sound system put in is too bling for them too eh :D

I wouldent rip on those guys from the corral just b/c theres something about your car that they dont like. No matter what we do to our cars from the basic stuff to the extreme there will always be people who dont like something. Just b/c people dont like something about mine, yours or anyone elses cars dosent give you the right to say there ripping on you just b/c you dident get the response you wanted. Anytime we post something in a fourm about our cars and asking oppions on it or just stateing what were getting its out there for people to say how they feel about it regardless. The only way to not get neg feedback on things w/ put on our cars is not to advertise it out for everyone on the net to give there oppinion on it. Did you really think you were going to post a thead on the 2 biggest mustang threads on the internet and not come across people who were not going to like those rims? My honeest oppinion on them is that I think there "ok" there to flat and dont have enough depth but I do like them for the fact that there diffrent and we dont see them alot. There are ALOT of companys out there that make really nice rims, some more expensive then others but I would have gone w/ something like Tourqe Thrust D's, Bullits, Steeda's, or ROH.

Just my .02, like I said before Im not here to kiss anyones ass, if I like something about someones car then I'll say it, If I dont then I'll say it and if I think its ok then I'll say it.

Striped5.0 said:
I wouldent rip on those guys from the corral just b/c theres something about your car that they dont like. No matter what we do to our cars from the basic stuff to the extreme there will always be people who dont like something. Just b/c people dont like something about mine, yours or anyone elses cars dosent give you the right to say there ripping on you just b/c you dident get the response you wanted. Anytime we post something in a fourm about our cars and asking oppions on it or just stateing what were getting its out there for people to say how they feel about it regardless. The only way to not get neg feedback on things w/ put on our cars is not to advertise it out for everyone on the net to give there oppinion on it. Did you really think you were going to post a thead on the 2 biggest mustang threads on the internet and not come across people who were not going to like those rims? My honeest oppinion on them is that I think there "ok" there to flat and dont have enough depth but I do like them for the fact that there diffrent and we dont see them alot. There are ALOT of companys out there that make really nice rims, some more expensive then others but I would have gone w/ something like Tourqe Thrust D's, Bullits, Steeda's, or ROH.

Just my .02, like I said before Im not here to kiss anyones ass, if I like something about someones car then I'll say it, If I dont then I'll say it and if I think its ok then I'll say it.
It's not the point that they don't like them. Of course not everyone is going to like them. The point is that the people over there have to pick apart every little thing about your car, seemingly for the satisfaction of doing so.

Those who do the criticizing, often shouldn't be. That's all.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
It's not the point that they don't like them. Of course not everyone is going to like them. The point is that the people over there have to pick apart every little thing about your car, seemingly for the satisfaction of doing so.

Those who do the criticizing, often shouldn't be. That's all.

Joe

Yeah I know they can be a little odd over on the corral and thats why I dont go either very often but the corral has been like that for along time its not like we dident know that until now. Regardless of if they pick people's cars apart at least they give honest oppinons and thats better then just comforming w/ the general respones's in the tread

Striped5.0 said:
Yeah I know they can be a little odd over on the corral and thats why I dont go either very often but the corral has been like that for along time its not like we dident know that until now. Regardless of if they pick people's cars apart at least they give honest oppinons and thats better then just comforming w/ the general respones's in the tread

There's a way to be "honest" without "bashing" or Name calling!
RC

After reading both threads, and being a Mustanger who posts on quite a few different websites, including the Corral...I am a little surprised at the generalization that some of you guys here are sharing about the Corral "people"...There's jerks everywhere...even here. From what I read, there was only two people who IMO, obviously already have some ill feelings towards RC, for whatever reasons, and they also visit this website as well...That's where I saw the link for this thread.

I've had my share of internet altercations and quite honestly don't really think you were "slammed"...Like I said there was a few people who obviously have a problem with RC but that doesn't mean everyone from there is a jerk...

I've met a few of you in person, most recently Paul (KillerCanary), and I'm quite sure that he thinks just as respectful and equally, as I do of him. He also knows I'm more about "tech" than "bling", but I dabble with both as often as I have time/money for...lol...I just found it slightly offensive to be lumped in with a group that IMO doesn't represent the majority...that's all...

As for the wheels...I'm not sure I would own a set, but they do look good on the flamed black Cobra...Not sure how they'd look on your car, but it isn't my decision, so it doesn't matter what my opinion is. In person, I might love them, but I haven't seen any in person before...

FWIW, the ones on the Black Cobra are 18x9 and 18x10's. That car is owned by Bill Tumas aka "Quik Huh" from SuperStallions...my home website...BTW, he also visits the Corral...Not all of us are jerks...lol... :D

The rims are not bad at all, but the spokes are a little THICK, whicks make them look like more of a "BLING BLING" rim rather than a rim you would see on a blown mustang, of course the lip is always nice, just wish they were a bit wider, what size tire do you plan to put on them, I would go bigger than 275 and get some spacers too, try to make them look as fat as you can without having a 2" tire buldge, good luck, should look good either way, esp on your red car.

984.6gt said:
The rims are not bad at all, but the spokes are a little THICK, whicks make them look like more of a "BLING BLING" rim rather than a rim you would see on a blown mustang, of course the lip is always nice, just wish they were a bit wider, what size tire do you plan to put on them, I would go bigger than 275 and get some spacers too, try to make them look as fat as you can without having a 2" tire buldge, good luck, should look good either way, esp on your red car.

Well, the 275's are still fairly new, so I will have them for awhile.. I would LOVE to pust spacers on there, at least enough to have the car flush with the edge of the wheel well. When the backs are bad, I guess I can get 285's or 315...whatever Nitto DR's make in a 17.

Rel..I love YOUR rims, but they still are a little pricey for me, and I had to REALLY TALK my way into this purchase.

ON the Corral Post, that SPECIFIC one is not too bad, but EVERYTIME I post ANYTHING related to looks, I get a BUNCH of negative "attitude" replies, not just that they dont care for it. I met Joe on there, and he turned me on to here. I just feel like people here "build you up" and over there they "tear you down"

Thanks
RC