Just got the hood from FedEx... Need your opinions on paint!

How to paint the hood?

• All Gloss Black

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Gloss Black with the Silver Metalflaked Hoodscoop

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other - Leave suggestions in a reply below

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

70stangcoupe

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2001
Winston-Salem, NC
I recieved my Cobra RR SVO Hood from Age Classic Design in the mail today, and man I can't wait to get it installed! I'm having a few dilemmas as far as painting goes, though.

For reference, here's a picture of the hood unpainted on a white car:

svo94_98.jpg

My car is black. I'm torn between painting the whole hood black and installing it, or painting it all black and painting the scoop on top silver, with a little bit of metalflake in it.

I think the all black would look nice and stealthy, but I think the silver metalflake would really accent the car nicely and grab more attention.

What do you think? If you've got any other ideas, feel free to post them below. Thanks! :flag:

Attachments

• svo94_98.jpg
    svo94_98.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

I do not think I would mix gloss black with a flat black scoop....just my opinion. Mixing in a little flake for the scoop could work, but there needs to be something else done to the car with the same flake to tie it all together. Just having the scoop done with some flake by itself may not work. You should probably leave the flat area in front of the air opening gloss black also. I would not get too bold with it, just keep it suttle and tasteful.

70stangcoupe said:
I recieved my Cobra RR SVO Hood from Age Classic Design in the mail today, and man I can't wait to get it installed! I'm having a few dilemmas as far as painting goes, though.

For reference, here's a picture of the hood unpainted on a white car:

svo94_98.jpg

My car is black. I'm torn between painting the whole hood black and installing it, or painting it all black and painting the scoop on top silver, with a little bit of metalflake in it.

I think the all black would look nice and stealthy, but I think the silver metalflake would really accent the car nicely and grab more attention.

What do you think? If you've got any other ideas, feel free to post them below. Thanks! :flag:

I don't know leave it the way it is, I kind of like that www.abcexclusive.com decal on there, BADASS! :nice:

:rlaugh: yeah that was lame

Attachments

• svo94_98.jpg
    svo94_98.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.