Just got XM Radio installed... pics inside

atlblue2000

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
TN
Well, my fiance bought me this XM radio for graduation and I just got it installed @ Circuit City yesterday. I gotta say I was skeptical when it first came out, but it really is pretty darn cool. All kinds of cool stations to distract me while driving j/k :) It will be really nice for those long summer trips when you would normally have to hunt for the best stations depending on the area you were driving through.

Here are a couple of pics of the finished product. The installed said he did the same custom panel to fill in the open space in his mustang, so I said go for it. I think he did a really good job. It looks super sharp up close. What do you guys think???

XM Radio Install Pics

• Sponsors (?)

your shifter knob is dirty, otherwise it looks snazy i ofund circuit city not to be the most reliable place to get sutff installed last time i went there when i left the unlock button pupped the trunk and locked the doors...

I have that same xm setup....just out of curiousity...do you have the FM modulator installed on it? (Do you have to set your radio to 87.9 fm or somewhere around there)? If so, you may want to look into seeing if you can put a digital line-in to your headunit, you will notice a very large difference in the sound quality. (listen to a CD then go right to your XM...if its thru the FM you will hear a lowered sound quality.) I think they do make an adaptor that hooks in where a CD changer would and gives you line-in...it's pretty cool. Just keep your eyes on the road and have fun!

Yeah, its the kit that included everything for the install. It is indeed fm modulated, and I can tell a big diff in sound quality, but to be honest I'm just glad to have some real variety in music for once. I'm sure I'll want to improve on it down the road, but for now I'm happy.

Yes it is tuned in to 87.9 when listening to the satellite radio.

As for the pics of the fiance, I'll see if I can't dig a good one up ;)