Just installed J&M LCAs and relocation brackets

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
Central VA
Just installed J&M LCAs and relocation brackets...PICS ADDED

This was my first time ever messing with control arms and what a relatively easy job it was. From start to finish it took just over an hour. I read over bigcat's write ups for both before ordering the parts and when I opened the box, J&M had sent a copy of both the very same write ups:rock: I have driven it about 100 miles on the highway since and it rides slightly different than before and there is absolutely no noise, vibration or harshness. It feels as if it rides smoother (less bumpy) than with the stock control arms.

• Sponsors (?)

Only been on six on/off ramps with it and I don't feel as comfortable with the BFG 235s as I did with the Nitto 295s. Over irregular road surfaces it feels it takes them better/smoother now.

:banana: the install is easier when you do both at the same time! I still love my LCAs and brackets. been quite some time since the installs, and have had zero issues with mine. I am glad it all went well for the install, there is not much to go wrong with LCAs.

I have heard from a few people that J&M uses my write ups for the install instructions. I must have written them well. :) I hear they are working on more parts for S197s too. ;)

I prefer the black ones for the stealth as well. from the outside of my car, you would never know its been modded, except for that loud exhaust and those funny lookin' red things in the wheel well! :rlaugh:

2861927064_c501b91399_b.jpg

2861931868_af77b119ba_b.jpg

2861107897_9774956abe_b.jpg

Welded...which is recommended before racing!
2861942614_88e957dbc2_b.jpg

i didnt weld mine, i want to be able to go back to stock someday if the need ever arises. thats another reason why i have a garage full of stock parts taking up usable workspace. :mad:

I'll just say it's a very good idea to weld them if you ever launch hard. If you don't weld them, you risk bending them. Which doesn't sound that bad, but when they bend, your wheel goes places it shouldn't and can cause a lot of damage.

Welding them isn't permanent. You can remove them with a grinder. All you need to do is weld a few structure points, not the entire thing.

think im going to order the j&m set friday. i needed to wait to make sure i had enough money this month for bills and such. now just to decide red or black. i don't want the car to look stock. i'm not really going for the stealthy look. its a mustang gt after all. haha. what are the advantages of the billet ones?