Just installed my Ceramic Coated MAC LT's..!! PICS INSIDE~~

Killer95Stang

Aug 7, 2003
Covina, CA
Well... whomever said the MACS fit like shlt was wrong... These headers fit beautifully, with all the flange bolts going in by hand.. Plus they had plenty of clearance around the starter, steering shaft, and K-member.... Install took about 6 hours including disassembly thanks to pics I got from RIO-5.0, although the cars not done yet, since I have to pick up my warrantied Fluidyne on the 5th....

The drivers side was a cake walk to install from the bottom, but the passenger side was... well.. interesting... (hint: it goes in from the top)... I made sure to leave the bubble wrap on them while a buddy helped me with the install, so I didn't scratch the ceramic finish...

BTW: These were installed on GT40P heads.. The passenger side is an easy plug change, and I'm assuming I'll need to cut 1/2" off of a sparkplug socket to get the drivers side ones in... No biggy... Best part is, I finally have a working dipstick... I bought Lokar dipstick tube when I swapped in my new motor 8 months ago, and I could never get the wire back in after I pulled it out.. :(

Well.. Here you go...

Longtube%20Install%20002.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20003.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20004.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20006.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20007.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20009.jpg

Longtube%20Install%20010.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

well... I'm not sure about Massachusetts.... but here in CA, its about as legal as smoking a crack pipe in a buss station.. (lol).. I will either pull them in 2 years for my smog test, or find a hook up for some one to pass them.. *wink* *wink*

From what I have researched, No Long Tubes are emission legal. I like the dipstick on your car (I have one too). The sucker does get hot though, so be carefull when checking the oil :D

RIO5.0 said:
Cool...Looks like things went well.. :nice: Whats inside that pass side header??

Turns out they are only coated on the outside... So they a have a little spotted surface rust, where coating didn't reach all areas of the inside..... Not a problem, since it will be totally black on the inside, by the end of the week...

Killer95Stang said:
well... I'm not sure about Massachusetts.... but here in CA, its about as legal as smoking a crack pipe in a buss station.. (lol).. I will either pull them in 2 years for my smog test, or find a hook up for some one to pass them.. *wink* *wink*
Lol yeah i hate CA Emissins man. I think im gonna throw some longtubes on next year after my smog test. then just switch em out with my CARB legal BBK shorties for smog checks. Great car man, i love the brakes you have on it, same ones i want.
WHITE STANGS RULE.

Killer95Stang said:
Lol yeah i hate CA Emissins man. I think im gonna throw some longtubes on after i get my 347 up and running next year and after my smog test. then just switch em out with my CARB legal BBK shorties for smog checks. Great car man, i love the brakes you have on it, same ones i want.
WHITE STANGS RULE.

I live in Washington and have had two Mustangs with LTs & O/R H pipes and I have never had a problem passing. Add a pint of racing alcohol to a tank of gas drive it till you have 1/4 tank left then change your plugs and clean your air filter,drive about ten miles before taking the test so it is hot and most of the gases are burned off. It has worked for me 5 times :nice:

:OT: I am still a freakin moron on this computer. :bang:

do those LT's hang low?? i have a lowered vert (about 1.5" or so) and know of a deal for an hpipe and LT's. my headers i have now arent sealing right for god knows what reason so im sick of it and want to do something different.....just wondering if they would scrape

btw, looks good :)

They sit pretty tight to the floorboards.. probably about 3/4" from the top of the collector flange, to the floor of the car... With a vert, I'm pretty sure the crossbrace hangs lower than the headers do... but for a hardtop, I'm gonna guess that these will be the lowest point under the car... Not totally sure yet..I'll know in a week... ;)

CA emissions are evil.

It has nothing to do with emissions. If you have long tube headers, you fail the visual emissions equipment check.

That's right, your tail pipe could emit Chanel #5 and you still flunk if you don't have either a bone stock engine or executive order numbers for all of your non factory equipment.

Technically, cams, strokers, porting and any other modification without an EO# is illegal. Luckily it's hard for them to visually check a lot of things.

If you know a good old boy at a smog station, they can pass you if the tail pipe is clean even if you have illegal modifications, but most smog guys won't do it, or you need to know them really well.

A lot of people have misconceptions about CA smog laws and since other places have less stringent laws and inspections, some people have a hard time understanding how much of a hassle it is.