Just installed the MGW Shifter, *WOW* what a difference

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
Im going to have to get used to it because it is night and day over stock. The shifts are precise and short and *EXTREMELY* stiff..I mean stiff like a hard ****, lol its definately a change and I love it. makes the car feel much better and the 1st to 2nd and to 3rd is like clockwork. 2 questions, the actual inner dust boot is all deformed unlike the picture mgw has in their installtion. Not the *shift* boot the inner dust boot thats under the shift boot. its not perfect. also I removed the shift stops from each side since I have a tr3650. Anyways I recommend this shifter to anybody. After driving around with this for 10 minutes im starting to ask myself how ford put such POS's in our cars:/

• Sponsors (?)

derek02gt said:
vivid lol i know, i dont know why i waited so long. but that should of been the first mod i did

I waited almost a full week of owning the Mach before I ordered one. I had the Tri-Ax in the Gt, and I never really liked how noisy it was. MGW is much better IMO.
I've always bought aftermarket shifters mainly for the stops, but we don't even need them in the Tremec. Call me crazy, but didn't hate the stock shifter - very easy to reach.

I don't dislike the stoc one on my 3650, but I've already bought a MGW. I enjoyed my Tri Ax that I had on my old car, but the MGW appears to be better. We'll see. It should be here before the week is out. Glad you like yours.