Just Ordered my new 2010 Gt Prem

jocatch

Jul 22, 2009
Just ordered my first Mustang, the 2010 GT Prem in black with white over the top stripes, 5 speed manual, 3.73 axle package and Accessary Pack 4 (spolier/hood scoop).

The dealer sent the order in yesterday and today told me today that the parts for the Accessary Pack 4 are in short supply and it will delay the build. Also, the stripes I ordered, the ones on the Build It now Ford web site I am being told by other forum people has been changed to a new design, one not as nice as the web site shows. I was told 4 to at least 8 weeks to get.

I thought the car companies were hurting, why the long wait and parts shortages? What is the supply/demand picture for Mustang GT Prems? I had to order mine because the dealer said he did a search and no where in the US is a Mustang GT Prem configured the way I wanted (see above). How can this be? Aren't they making many Mustangs? Also, how much better are the brakes with the 3.73 axle option?

Thanks for you input.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

did you order the upgraded interior?

If so, that will flag you getting that racing stripe.

Some are saying that the track pack is not even offered anymore.

Lastly, Ford cant get their crap together and is pushing out vehicles as fast as they can even though some of the items are not even available. (like accessory package 1)

did you order the upgraded interior?

If so, that will flag you getting that racing stripe.

Some are saying that the track pack is not even offered anymore.

Lastly, Ford cant get their crap together and is pushing out vehicles as fast as they can even though some of the items are not even available. (like accessory package 1)

I couldn't get the upgraded interior because of the stripes. The order # for the stripes I want is 852. If Ford rejects the order because 852 has been replaced by a new set of stripes, then I'll know for sure what stripes I am getting.
because the order # will be different.

The Track Pack is suppose to be out August 3 but I didn't order it because it includes some very good but summer tires. I think I am going to have a hard time getting it to move as it is during the NYS winters here, I don't want to have to put snow tires on it too.

Joe

so you were able to order the upgraded brakes and 3.73, but not the full track pack? Is this going to be a dealer installed option or is that how you ordered it from the factory? If it is a dealer installed option, I hope you got a quote from your dealer, because it is going to be pricey.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that Ford cannot put stripes on a car with the upgraded interior.

I dont know what the "new" stripe looks like. This is actually the first time that I am hearing about it. Do you have any pics?

How much did it cost you for the car?

Ive seen I know at least 15 Camaros in the past 3 weeks !!! Ive seen 2 V6 2010 Mustangs !! I drove to oklahoma last weekend and I kid you not I past 3 Ford Dealerships with at least 15 GTs just sitting on their lots combined. I did see the Grabber Blue GT and man what a good looking car. I think its crap whats happening with this order delay and such, its a crok.

Hopefully Ford will work out the kinks and get ppl their rides !!!

How much did it cost you for the car?

Ive seen I know at least 15 Camaros in the past 3 weeks !!! Ive seen 2 V6 2010 Mustangs !! I drove to oklahoma last weekend and I kid you not I past 3 Ford Dealerships with at least 15 GTs just sitting on their lots combined. I did see the Grabber Blue GT and man what a good looking car. I think its crap whats happening with this order delay and such, its a crok.

Hopefully Ford will work out the kinks and get ppl their rides !!!

The car I ordered MSRP is $33,430, invoice price is suppose to be about $31,000. I took a GT Prem out for a test drive, it was configured with the 3.73 axle and 5 speed like the one I ordered. And it was the Grabber Blue. The color was not my first choice and I didn't want the extra options it had plus it didn't have any stripes. The local dealer here has about 3 Mustang GTs on the lot and a great looking red but it is a V6.

I just ordered a GT Premium 2010 Mustang, 5spd, rear spoiler delete
They said 6-8weeks, its been a few days and the wait feels unbearable already....

Just put my order in today and I don't know how I'll make it 6-8 weeks. By the time it comes in I'll possibly be sick of it since I'll have spent so much time obsessing about it.

I wanted the HIDS but not for almost a grand when you add in the security package you have to get to get them. I really liked the kona blue exterior and the saddle, black/cashmere interiors but what I settled on was:

GT premium 5 speed
Brilliant Silver
Premier Int
Black leather w/Grabber blue accents
3.73 rear axle
19" bright machined alum rims
nav/electronics package
glass roof - I couldn't believe how cool it was till I sat in one. 2 g's is kind of a rip though

38 grand sticker for hardtop mustang......you gotta be kidding me

Just put my order in today and I don't know how I'll make it 6-8 weeks. By the time it comes in I'll possibly be sick of it since I'll have spent so much time obsessing about it.
I wanted the HIDS but not for almost a grand when you add in the security package you have to get to get them. I really liked the kona blue exterior and the saddle, black/cashmere interiors but what I settled on was:
GT premium 5 speed
Brilliant Silver
Premier Int
Black leather w/Grabber blue accents
3.73 rear axle
19" bright machined alum rims
nav/electronics package
glass roof - I couldn't believe how cool it was till I sat in one. 2 g's is kind of a rip though
38 grand sticker for hardtop mustang......you gotta be kidding me

I know what you mean, waiting is pure torture. Orders for the factory are pulled each Thursday so unless there is a "material hold" on yours for some reason you can call the Dealer and get your VIN # on the first Friday after your order was placed.

Once you get your vin number you can pull up your sticker on line here

Look up you Ford VIN Window Sticker

Your build date is part of the blend number at the top of the sticker ( see attached picture). My build date is 08/06 located within the number
120090806. Your production sequence (place on the line) is the last series of numbers in your VIN #.

Best Regards,

Steve

Steve, thanks for the info for reading the build date and for the web site. BTW, can I decode the dealer thru the code on the top left of the sticker? In my case, FLR-000432.

Joe

Steve, thanks for the info for reading the build date and for the web site. BTW, can I decode the dealer thru the code on the top left of the sticker? In my case, FLR-000432.

Joe

Hey Joe,

I am not sure because the Dealer number on my order was F24017 and that does not match that number on the top left corner of the sticker.

Steve

Hey FlaDriver,
So you ordered yours 8/6/2009 and your delivery date is 8/21/2009?
My order was put in 8/4/2009-so hopefully mine is delivered around the same time as you? I got to get my VIN number from the dealer

My order was placed 5/29/2009 but the Dealer did not receive an allocation for the order till 7/16. On 7/16 the order was recognized and pulled by Ford and a Vin # issued. The sticker came up on line on Sunday 7/26 ten days after the VIN was issued. The sticker has a build date of 08/06/2009 and the car in fact was completed last week. The Dealer has already received notice that he will receive the car on 8/20. The car is being shipped by rail to The Dealer located in Mobile, Ala.

So....long story short the elapsed time from "actual Order placement" 7/16 with allocation to delivery is around 5 weeks, not bad.

You can look for your car about 14 to 20 days from the build date on your sticker. Your sticker will most likely come up on Sunday 8/16 with a build date the week of 8/23. You are looking at a delivery date of somewhere around 9/15 to 9/17.

Steve

WOW
A gas guzzler Tax?!?! I've never seen that lol. Thats awesome that your car will be there soon! You going to make any changes to it once you get it?

I got 5spd GT Premium in brilliant silver-no add ons and got them down to 30,025.
I'll make some changes to it once I get her in my hands haha.

I want to change the front grille to a blank grille but have really found only site.

2010 FORD MUSTANG GT, MAIN BILLET GRILLE, 3PC - Ford - Shop By Make - Grilles

I'm ideally looking for a black one but silver is all I am really seeing right now.

Roger that, here is the link to the sticker. Note the 08/06 build date at the top near "Blend".

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

Steve

When did they issue your vin. I just got mine off the material hold, sales manager hasnt got back to me with the vin yet but at least there is an end in sight. Placed my order the first part of July, got off material hold first part of Aug. I figure it should arrive second week of Sept just guessing. Cant wait. :D