Sep 26, 2007
lynnwood, WA
IMAG1605.jpg

IMAG1607.jpg

IMAG1608.jpg

IMAG1609.jpg

IMAG1617.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i only paid $700 for it. has underdrives, possibly a cam and rusty edlebrock valve covers lol. right now it has black smoke, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator but no change, swapped in a 140 speedo as it had the wrong one. runs so nasty rich, fuel pump runs constantly. map tests 5.6 volts and 2.8v key on, think its bad. i also think i have a injector stuck open as i can hear a hissing noise near fuel rail with just key on. fuel pressure is around 40 psi key on and 35 running.after work ill try to pull codes. when it sitts it wont start with out starting fluid then it starts every time. I have only had it since sunday already tabbed and licensed to me, wasnt licensed since 2007 so it has had issues for a while. I work as a mechanic and i have alot of mustang friends so we will figure it out eventually. I whent on identifix at work and came up with a few common things like the tfi and map and regulator but it has a new regualtor now. we checked the firing order too, tried some other tps sensors. I wanna swap out the act sensor and try a spare dist and map and see what happens and a know good speed density pcm....Ill get her and if not i have a motor waiting for me with everything on it out of a wrecked 88.

looks like my $700 stang wasnt so cheap... now theres a rebuilt t5, king cobra clutch, new cable, quadrant& firewall adjuster, ecu was bad, replaced fuel pressure reg too and some injectors and now the water pump shyt the bed. On the bright side I picked up 2 doors power everything for $20 and I should have some cloth gt seat here soon and rebuilding a spare motor for boost of course. still need to figure out how to repin my stuff for my 140mph speedo, everythings all goofy tach blinks guages dont work

IMAG1703.jpg

didnt care about the window as i have tinted glass going in from the old door. doors were primer grey when i got em today..used rustoleum industrial paint came out good enough for now, car needs repaint anyways

been a while since i replaced a door on a fox, theres alot of weight there. makes me think how much can you shave off. this car is kinda beat so for once i wont feel bad stripping it. and when am i ever gunna need a back seat at the track??? lol
turns out my front sway bar link is missing on one side. got to really drive the car today to work, man i got some clapped out front strutts or shocks, lol, clutch is way too damn stiff, i mean heavyyyyy clutch. broiled the tires easily but still runs a bit ruff. plugs, wires and stuff are in order, and synthetic oil change, drain the diff n fill, lotta work here and i still have to do a compression check too, i may be looking at building my spare motor instead. but for now i can romp on it, but yea its slow still but its a 5.0 there always fun

I'd pick up that rx in a second
one of my friends is supposed to pick it up... i thought about it but i have too many cars it is a botched rebuild by tech school kids so it doesnt run but was rebuilt lol. Maybe if a 302 was just a drop in deal i would swap it at work but im pretty sure i would be around $1000 for swap craddle and driveline and all needed parts to put my mustang stuff in there. besides is it really that much lighter?

i want your rims, i have always wanted a set of bullits on a fox, and thanks for the welcome.

now if i can make my clutch pedal not so hard to push i might enjoy driving this thing

:word: Bullitts FTW

My clutch was doing that after I put the car back together last summer. Turns out I didn't have enough pre-load on the clutch cable.

i dont remember my last t5 car being this bad, i had a aftermarket quadrant too, but this one is hell, You couldn't drive this pig barefoot! how much preload did you need

Not a ton. Just enough to where there is slight tension on the cable. Maybe the quadrant is shot (assuming it has a plastic one still)?