just picked up a 87 lx 5.0 t5 after a few years of chebbies, good to be back

• Sponsors (?)

car needs power brakes, no question about it. i get really bad wheel hop when launch from a dig.and exhaust fumes suck....also i hope i never use that stupid 5 point harness again or that race seat.the harness takes like 3 mins to put on its bs. i need to get rid of the wheel hop bad. wonder if the stock sway bar would help? theres no rear sway bar currently. and i have to fix the hung up front caliper, looks to be a 93 cobra caliper or just a 93 gt

look sequential license plate numbers... how cute

IMAG2943.jpg

had to weld in stuff to strap in the gas tank on one side, this is where im getting smoked out, cus my exhaust dumps at the axle

IMAG2951.jpg

so now i have a fool cel

IMAG2953.jpg

IMAG2954.jpg

car sits high in the rear too

IMAG2948.jpg

the bushing bolt was in the rubber not the metal sleeve. and the front calpier was not retracting so i took one of the 87, problem solved. the brakes suck bad so im pulling the manual master and adding my booster and getting a new master, any suggestions on what master to run. i currently have a 2 port master its just a manual one so i cant use the 3 port 87 one

I dont know if i have standard or metric threads . and i dont know that that one would work well with my rear disc brakes. I was under the impression my car had been converted to a 2 port, but dont remember my 0ld 86 and 85 gt cars having that master. so 85-86 are 2 port?

Apparently so.. The link I posted shows a picture of it.:shrug:
turns out my car has that same master its just bolted to a special plate that allows you to convert to manual brakes so all i have to do is remove that and insert my 87 brake booster . yesterday my other front brake caliper started hanging up. so now i gotta pull the other one off the 87 too. still got some funny wheel hop when i get on it and i hear a wierd poping noise in the front end sometimes. also cant get my steering wheel centered for some reason. all in all the cars close to all done and of course after all that trouble with the dash my heater core is leaking now!!!:mad:

]If you need a stock hood and can get to Portland i have an 85 hood in pretty good shape its a black GT hood could use paint but 50 bucks it yours. Pm me and i might even be able to get it to Marysville next week.[/quote]
thanks man... i think im gunna figure out something like the 82 gt