Just placed an order w/Summit (any one ordering from there soon NEEDS to read)

Here it is
M2300Q.jpg

I also order the Motive pressure brake bleeder (3 prong fits mustang and fusion MC) for a grand total of $511.xx SHIPPED. I was going to wait and order this kit but for $450 I couldn't wait (discount).
All thanks to a corral member EDIT: twofast gets the credit
Summit discount code: 2TRKLW 10%off Expires 9/25
Happy Labor Day everyone :flag::canada: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I REALLY wish I wasn't already racking up the bucks on my credit card in lieu of recent repairs. :rlaugh:

I love the Cobra brakes, and want to do it really badly. I'm sure someone will definitely grab a hold of this deal, though! Good lookin' out. :nice:

How does it change the braking characteristics after install?
Leaving the stock gt mc (uses a 1 1/16 bore) gives a stiffer brake peddle, the cobra mc (15/16 bore) cures that hard peddle feel. Some can live with a stiff peddle, some aren't bothered by it, others hate it. Ford used a different size mc for a reason. GT's using a single piston caliper need more pressure to stop (hence 1 1/16 bore), whilst cobra uses a 2 piston caliper need less pressure to stop the same size/weight car. The hard peddle to me signals an over load on the system (to much back pressure?). That is my theory any way :shrug:. And if my theory is correct the cobra kit would be less affective then the stock gt stuff. Beside the cobra brake kit without the mc is $60 more :)bs:). MM brake line kit is $20+shipping, while tube cutters/re-flare tool kits are $40+.

Leaving the stock gt mc (uses a 1 1/16 bore) gives a stiffer brake peddle, the cobra mc (15/16 bore) cures that hard peddle feel. Some can live with a stiff peddle, some aren't bothered by it, others hate it. Ford used a different size mc for a reason. GT's using a single piston caliper need more pressure to stop (hence 1 1/16 bore), whilst cobra uses a 2 piston caliper need less pressure to stop the same size/weight car. The hard peddle to me signals an over load on the system (to much back pressure?). That is my theory any way :shrug:. And if my theory is correct the cobra kit would be less affective then the stock gt stuff. Beside the cobra brake kit without the mc is $60 more :)bs:). MM brake line kit is $20+shipping, while tube cutters/re-flare tool kits are $40+.

yea i went and found the line kit. Does summit sell the mc seperately?

Thats one thing i noticed after i swapped my front brakes. I guess im one of those in the middle...dont like it...dont hate it...i'd prefer to have the old feel though.

Think i'll add that to my list :nice:

What are u running out back for brakes?

yea i went and found the line kit. Does summit sell the mc seperately?

Thats one thing i noticed after i swapped my front brakes. I guess im one of those in the middle...dont like it...dont hate it...i'd prefer to have the old feel though.

Think i'll add that to my list :nice:

What are u running out back for brakes?
No they don't just in the kit. You can get a reman from the parts store though.
As for the rears they are staying stock. They use the same calipers, cobras just use a bracket to raise them higher to use larger rotors. With a stock proportional valve that favors the front I see no need to go bigger in the back. From what I've read you have to remove the axles to install the cobra bracket. Fresh fluid and good pads is more then enough for me.