Just put in a Spec stage 1 clutch

Linz

"I Love Seamen"
Founding Member
Jul 24, 2001
Northern Virginia
Well, my old clutch was finally getting on my nerves. It seemed to be slipping, and the throwout bearing chip was almost unberable. So I decided to change clutches. After 75K miles, my car really wanted a new one. So after thinkin about it, I decided to go for a Spec Stage 1 clutch. I LOVE IT! After doing its break in cycle, the clutch is amazing. Its alot softer than my stock clutch.
I have about 5K miles on my new clutch. I highly recomend spec clutches. I'm now decided to put one in my 5.0 :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Linz said:
Well, my old clutch was finally getting on my nerves. It seemed to be slipping, and the throwout bearing chip was almost unberable. So I decided to change clutches. After 75K miles, my car really wanted a new one. So after thinkin about it, I decided to go for a Spec Stage 1 clutch. I LOVE IT! After doing its break in cycle, the clutch is amazing. Its alot softer than my stock clutch.
I have about 5K miles on my new clutch. I highly recomend spec clutches. I'm now decided to put one in my 5.0 :nice:

I have the same clutch in the garage waiting to go into my 98. Did you run into any issues installing it?

They say the stage 1 is ~30% stronger grab, stage 2 is around 60% better.

I would only get a stage one if your not running a SC, Stage one should hold to like 400hp anyways but a stage 2 is more insurance that it will grip.