just put in my new seats.....

MI95Cobra

Aug 20, 2006
Oklahoma City
about a month ago or so i posted a thread about finding perfect black leather seat from a 98 cobra.....well i finnaly went and pick them up yesterday and put them in today....but....i had a couple of problems....my boys(foster kids) wanted to help me put them in...so i let them take out the front seats....they are only 6 & 7 so i figured 2 bolts and 2 nuts right....well my 7 yr old had the drivers side and was trying to sit on the back seat and turning it when i looked over and he was using his feet and had the ratchet and an awkward angle....so jumped over there to correct him cause i didn't want him stripping the screw or worse even breaking it....so when i got over there to help him i had trouble turning it....so being the big strong man that i am i decided to use a cheater bar...:D and while turning it i broke the bolt off....and after getting all the other nuts and bolt off...i examined the broke off piece and saw that it was actually rusted....can you believe that????....so i had to drill it out and rethread with another bolt...ok....my next exciting thing....i went to take out my back seat.....i got it loose behind the driver side no problem but when i got the the other side i broke the plastic bracket that holds the seat down(the pin).....i'm like crap(actually using the "s" word :nonono: )....so does anyone know where i can get another platic bracket??? are they expensive??? remember i just paid for leather seat....:nice:
thanks jimmy

• Sponsors (?)