Just saw the '05 in person for the 1st time

MustangNewbie

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2001
CO
While I like it, and will sell my '03 GT to get one, I was no where near blown away as I expected to be. The tires look too tall and really narrow, although it doesnt have the "monster truck" look that my stang has. That mean, agressive looking stance from the front is something that has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Peeking in, the interior looks pretty sweet as well. I don't know if anyone else has a problem with this but the hood looks REALLY boring to me. I'm not saying I want a non functional hood scoop, but it needs a stripe or something. Its just a big hunk of flat metal with very little interest. The hood just doesnt look right on the car to me, it was a Silver GT btw. Maybe it was just the color that did it, but I am quite fond of silver cars. Has anyone else come away with a dislike for the hood, or the tires for that matter. The wheels, which were the upgraded ones were realllllly nice looking though.

• Sponsors (?)

Hood surprised me

I thought the hood looked way better than I expected, and one of the strong parts of the car.

One of the original things that got me interested in the '05, was the concept hood with the scoops.

Now, I am glad the design changed. If I mod the body with skirts, etc. I will likely keep the hood.

Hrmmmm

specialvteam said:
who's going to buy your 2003?

I think we are going to flood the market with 99-04 stangs causing

the values to drop :( better find somebody who doesn't like the new

one FAST.

1993 red cobra 18,000 miles

Well, I am guessing that if I can't sell it, I can always take a raping on the trade in and get rid of it that way. My master plan was to buy an '05 near the end of the '05 run or else order an '06 this time next year. I'm going to my dealer to look later this week, since he said he had one for me to take for a ride. If I end up wanting the '05 so bad that I cannot wait until 2006 I will just lose some money on this car. Of course I'd rather have the money, but it isn't the end of the world if I don't get a ton of money back on the '03. Life is short....may as well enjoy what you drive.

its short

true, life is short

my dad is 58 and a couple of years ago a classmate of his retired

early, and my dad asked how he was able to retire so early and he

said take a look at my car out on the street (1986 taurus) I

didnt waste all my money buying new cars.

He has since died, driving crap cars all the way (no disrespect, he

had a good plan but you never know.)

specialvteam said:
true, life is short

my dad is 58 and a couple of years ago a classmate of his retired

early, and my dad asked how he was able to retire so early and he

said take a look at my car out on the street (1986 taurus) I

didnt waste all my money buying new cars.

He has since died, driving crap cars all the way (no disrespect, he

had a good plan but you never know.)

I can understand both sides on this. I think I justify it in that I don't waste money in a lot of other ways...no ciggs or booze or things like that. A new mustang every few years seems like an acceptable vice to me. But what you said does make sense.

MustangNewbie said:
I don't waste money in a lot of other ways...no ciggs or booze or things like that.

While I congratulate you on not doing something as foolish as smoking, you have a lot to learn. But without good booze, life isn't worth living. :rlaugh:

Saving for retirement is just as foolish as buying a new car every few years. why save your money while your young just to have it when you old and won't enjoy things as much?

Plus my grandpa saved his ass off all of his life and had a **** load of money in the bank when he was 60. next thing he knew he had a stroke and all that cash was gone

I'm definately trading my '03 vert for either an 05/06 coupe or vert

Saw a black and a silver GT in person on Friday. Did not get to drive as they were just unloading the others.

Black GT with upgraded interior, auto and bullit wheels.
Silver GT with upgraded interior, manual and new wheels.

I liked the car better in person than I though I would. The manual shifted nicely and the clutch was very smooth and easy. I was happy with the interior, although I rather not have the red seats. Before I was not big on the retro gauge cluster, but in person it was not so bad. Everything else interior wise was not bad. Though, I did not like the fact there was no trunk release on the inside.

I liked the exterior as stated before. I thought the car would look "too tall" so to say for some reason, but looked good really. Hood looked fine to me, but I like things clean and flush looking. Thought the tires were too thin as some have stated and did not like the new designed wheels. Nothing some wider aftermarker bullits and a small drop would not correct.

Overall I was very happy and will add this car to my list of possibilites the start of the new year. :nice: My other choices being: WRX STi, Lightning and possible GTO.