Just spun the 5.0 onto a medium/island what damage should I look for.

Sicarius428

Jan 6, 2004
Well to start off my Friday I spun my 5.0 and landed it on an island. What damage should I look for. This was all at about 10-15 MPH around a left hand turn. So far the passenger fender ate it into the curb benind the front tire on the median and I took out a small dead tree which put a wave in my passenger door. Front tire has a leak but got me home. Just want to know what to look out for on the undercarrage. Only thing hurt is my feelings... and the car. Not a good way to start a Friday on a 3 day weekend. Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. hehe.
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I should answer before somebody asks. There was a wet patch from runoff(street is at the foot of San Bruno Mountain) on the ground and I am running good practically new rubber.
Kevin

I would look for the obvious damage to the trans and motor. Look for new cracks where you may now have some resulting fluid leaks. Chances are you probably just scraped the crap out of the exhaust. How did you hit it? front, side, etc. May want to check for wheel damage too.

Sorry didn't have any time to take any pics. I just picked up my 4runner driveshaft from having the ujoints replaced(toyota makes them near impossible to change yourself on the 3 ujoint with CV shaft design) and was headed to the freeway onramp to get to work. The back came around and I nosed up with the driver side first then the passenger side ensued. Passenger tire has a leak and the passnger fender right behind the wheel caught the edge of the curb. I ended up with the whole passenger side of the car on the curb. Passenger side door gets caught on the front fender but can open. No leaks, engine lights, and the exhaust looks intact from the brief inspection under the car. It got me home without any varience in driving minus the fact that I was loosing air in the front passenger tire so braking would pull to the right. The pony's are probably gonna be a little banged up but more reason to pull parts together for the 5 lug conversion. I am glad I didn't hit anybody or anything other than a dead tree. I have driven in the rain but this is a first for me. More frustrated with myself but it will be a... I hope cheap learning experience for me to be more cautious.
Kevin

As money permits I am shooting for cobra brakes. Right now I have 95 gt spindles/calipers w/new powerslot rotors and break booster on the shelf. Might just use that as a start...
Kevin