just tell me what to do!!!!

justaGTgirl

Aug 12, 2008
columbia, MO
I have a 94 mustang GT with a 5.0 and alot of money into after market parts. Its a great car but its just been problem after problem scence i've fixed my lifters. the problem I have now is that the dang thing is misfiring. Ive changed the plugs, got new MSD wires and I new distributer is on the way. If that doesnt work what will? pleeeeeeas help me.

• Sponsors (?)

men rule girls are 2nd class, NOW HELP ME!

I'm wanting to get this fixed today! I've got tools in hand and I'm ready to get dirty so what do i have to do? like I said everything is new eccept for the distributer and wires but I've got the wires and the distributer is on the way.

Thank you!!!

Now that i have someones atention, theres another problem. when I start the stang it reves up and down making me keep my foot on the gas or it will die untill it evens out at alittle more than 1 grand. how do i get it to just start up and idle like it should. It doesnt do it when I first start it up just after I run the piss out of it and turn it off then try to run it again.

punk

just ask me a question only a chik would know? I will say im not your typical girl I fish,Rodeo,weld,mechanic,run R/C trucks,and drink like a sailor but what it all comes down to is that down there Im all girl! sorry I dont have a pic but that wouldent prove anything eather you wouldent know if it was me or not. so just shut up and answer my questions so I can get back on the track and show all you guys up!!! hahahahahahah just kidding Im still learning how to drive my stang with a short through shifter.

I've checked and recheked!

I dont think anything like my firing order would be wrong. I have conections at Joe Machens Ford here in Columbia and all of the 50 mechanics have put in their 2 cents but nothing. I still need a new chip to update my computer and it needs to be tuned but even without the chip it shouldent be doing this!

I would still go threw it by yourself and double check the firind order. Also did this just start after the lifters? Could be one isnt bleeding down to the appropriate level or one isnt pumping up to where it is supposed to. Also about your idle problem, could be you IAC is now quiting on you.

how?

how should i go about cheking the lifters without pulling the engine again? I've pulled it 3 times and dont want to do it again. give me an easy way to check them and ill go outside and do it then report back. keep in mind i just rebult this engine from scratch so there is going to be alot of things I missed. Im not an educated mechanic I just know what i've been tought and seen done, so please explane more if you think you need to. you wont affend me in any way.

Well I would say one of the simplest ways to check which is kind of crude but will give you a general idea of what is happening with the valvetrain is take one of the valve`covers off and have someone start the car and visually look at whats going on. If you see one of the rockers not moving like the others or not quite looking like the others well you have a problem there. And have a peice of cardboad handy cuz oil will splash a bit lol. You do this for both sides, although depending on the intake manifold you have drivers side may be a PITA to do but try on the passenger side first, maybe you will get lucky.

grose!!!!!!!!!

Oil might splash alittle???? Its all in my hair and on my dog!!! oh well thats just the price I pay for this damn car. I will tell you every hing is working fine in there though. Sorry i might have forgot to tell you alittle more info so here it is. The car wont misfire at a higher rpm but will at a low one to almost an idle. But not at the idle its self. vrum vrum vrum vrum VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM. you see it just farts every once in awhile then drops out. sorry about the sound words I just wish there was a way for you all to see, hear, and feel it to. so what do you think now?

there was suposed to be pauses between the vrums so you could understand better but the comuter wont let me do it. sorry

Oil might splash alittle???? Its all in my hair and on my dog!!! oh well thats just the price I pay for this damn car. I will tell you every hing is working fine in there though. Sorry i might have forgot to tell you alittle more info so here it is. The car wont misfire at a higher rpm but will at a low one to almost an idle. But not at the idle its self. vrum vrum vrum vrum VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM VRUM. you see it just farts every once in awhile then drops out. sorry about the sound words I just wish there was a way for you all to see, hear, and feel it to. so what do you think now?

there was suposed to be pauses between the vrums so you could understand better but the comuter wont let me do it. sorry

lol, sounds like u had fun. Stator is the thing in the distributor that allows the PCM to know and calculate Cam and Crank position.

sorry I got called in

My kind of BF called and I had to fix his 89 turcell!!! hahahahaha. I dont realy want to give to much info about the car. but the plugs are gaped at 45, I have aluminum trick flow heads, a trick flow intake, msd wires, stock distributer, 40 lbs injectors or 30 I need to check, they feel like 40. scence the car doesnt have the new chip its not raly timed yet, but I dont time my cars myself n/e ways. timing is one thing I realy never got the hang of. a bigger air filter that hangs out the fog light hole on the bottom of the car. a new MAF sensor. a much larger throttle body. after market exhaust. ECT... I hate going over what Ive done to this car, It reminds me of the money Ive spent on it and makes me sick!!! thas just afue things I just want the car fixed!!!!

ok, first off start with vacuum leaks they will cause the thing to idle like crap, stink like fuel and hunt for an idle after revved. next are all the lifters pumped up and if so how big is the camshaft is it possible that you had a little piston to valve side action going on under the hood. dont being mean but are you sure the 13726548 firing order was used and used correctly. are the injectors and maf sized correctly. just a start and i know use correct punctuation and all that but hey give me a break!