Just test drove the Challenger SRT8.......

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't test drove the SRT-8 challenger but I did test drive the SRT-8 300c and it was a joke. I was laughing all the way home because the freaking NPI p71 we took there felt like it had more torque than it:rlaugh:. Also the interior space and trunk space is pathetic for a car that size. I definitely didn't feel like I was driving the 12 second car the salesman made it out to be.

btw, it was going for $47k brand new, fully optioned.

Now that new 370z I'd really love to take out for a spin, it posted a 13.3 in Motortrend. I'd like to see what I could get out of it:D:D:D. Also it looks freakin awesome compared to the old 350z.:drool:

If you figure out the hp to weight ratio I would bet regardless of engine size it is still pulling around more pounds per hp than my 09 bullitt. I figure the ratio for the mustang is about 10 pounds per hp.

I've had my 2008 dodge charger superbee for almost a year now and just bought a new dealer leftover 2008 shelby gt...I would have to say that a race between the 2 cars would come down to the driver...They both are nice cars in their own right but comparing the 2 is like apples to oranges...The mustang smaller,lighter,feels quicker and sportier and it's a 5 speed...The charger roomier,more kid friendly better passing power at highway speeds and an automatic...for some reason I take heat from chargerforums for owning the mustang and the same from mustang forums for owning the charger...
I don't really understand why people can't enjoy or show some love for a different car then what they have...

I don't really understand why people can't enjoy or show some love for a different car then what they have...

First, I don't own a mustang or drive one, if you noticed.

Also, this was I tried to be as objective as possible. While reviewing a car is somewhat subjective in nature, some things are not.

I didn't give this car credit, because it deserves none.

First, I don't own a mustang or drive one, if you noticed.

Also, this was I tried to be as objective as possible. While reviewing a car is somewhat subjective in nature, some things are not.

I didn't give this car credit, because it deserves none.
Yes but you drive a Z06 so we will let it slide. :D

I like the Challengers looks alot but when I pulled up next to one at a light my Cobra felt tiny by comparison. Dude also didnt wana run me :shrug: He was a nice guy though and said he likes his new car but feels he paid way too much for it. And I would love a Charger RT as a daily driver. They are comfertable and have decient power and with the variable displacment thing I bet it gets comparable mileage to my Mark VIII (23 mpg average).
I do know that my Mark can beat the hell out of a Charger Rt from 30-80 though. I have run them several times getting up to speed on the freeway and I can pull a length on them till I shift to second then pull another length :shrug:

would a gt beat either of those? the challenger or the charger? i would hope so.

2010? I don't know. Ive heard of a few srt8 owners getting in the 106-109 range bone stock. I'm not real up to date on the new stangs, so I don't know. The new stangs lack 100 hp but are also 500+ pounds lighter.

thanks for the replies.

Here is the add for the car. I guess the "internet price" is lower. Who knows, still way too much for way for that car. Should be sold for 30-32k IMO. Also, 19mpg on the highway:rolleyes: That's a freakin joke for a 6 speed car. He asked what I get, and got a had a nice laugh when I told him I am averaging 30.5 on the highway on road trips. Even my 5 speed mustangs with gears got 23-24.

For comparison purposes, it felt about as quick as a bolt on PI car to me, but cost 8 times what you can get one for now. I'd take a PI mustang over it, any day of the week. There was really nothing pleasurable about driving it except for the newer technology, the amount of room and comfy seats.

New Dodge Challenger, Houston, TX, Coupe, Allen Samuels Dodge Houston Stock: 9H570239

My wife drove a '11 Charger R/T right after I got my truck, her words after driving it was "slow as balls".....not to mention teh sticker was $36000:eek::eek:

haha...would like to see the two cars stack up head to head now.

I doubt the Mustang would have much of a problem with any of the Chrysler products. Even with the new 470 horse "426 Hemi" I'd expect the '11 GT to clean up in every performance category.

The Dodge and Chrysler products do have the curb appearance down though. If I had my choice in family sedan I'd look no further than one of the SRT-8 four door cars. I think they're great looking, have a nice sounding engine, and perform quite well despite their size.

Sick:

2010_chrysler_300c_srt8_insurance-premium.jpg

Sick:

25798220001_large.jpg

and Sick:

hqdefault.jpg