Just thinking out loud.

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
I've kind of neglected my car. Its been so long since I've driven it. It won't start now though, the fuel pump is not getting power. I'm going to get it running today. First though, I must chase down an electrical gremlin. It seems like they always come out when the car sits for a while.

I also need to get the registration renewed, and put on my 1968 license plates.

For some reason my motivation is renewed, and I just want to drive it soooo bad.
It will live again today!!!!:banana:

• Sponsors (?)

look for a bad ground on the fuel pump. also check the conectors as sometimes they get rusty.

I'm pretty sure I know what it is, I just haven't had time to mess with it. I think the circuit where it's picking up power from has a blown fuse, because it should always have power (don't worry, the pump is on a switch), but it doesn't now.

This happened the last time it sat for a while.

HA!! Found the culprit! The thick black/green wire coming out the back of the ign. switch was cut then spliced with a butt connector by a P.O., and the wire slipped out of the connector. Darn Gremlin must have have done it.

I just started with where I pick up power for my fuel pump, and using a test light I went down the circuit testing it in various places.