just thinking

jorge

Founding Member
May 7, 2002
miami, fl
1)fixing the spring/valve float problem, how high can a stock gt engine rev? how do u absolutly fix the valve float problem?
2)what should i get as an intake?i see a lot of people with densecharger and c&l... but then some people are like, the maf on c&l is hard to tune? or loses tune after while...
3)can i get a diff maf on the c&l tube? i want to put a big one so i wont have to change it later, what sizee should i get? does it make a big diff between the sizes?
4)whats the final word on the TB for the c&l upper intake? is stock better or 75mm? should i buy something else before getting the bigger tb?
5)does the predator tuning thing let u "update" thge tune of the car whenever u want? like say i change something today, i can retune the car and change something tomorrow and retune the car? like that?
6)what size tire do i need to get out back for 18X10? can i get 315's? or should i go with the 17x10.5? cuz i just dont like ow the 17's dont really fill up the wheel well as good as i would like.
7)can the predator change **** that the computer controls? like the damn traction control? i hate that i have to push that **** every frikin time i get in the car.
8)what tunner thing/software can change most if not allt he paramiters or your car that are governed by the computer? i wanna be able to change almost everything that has to do with the computer. ie: instead of getting mil eliminators, i can just do it on the computer. or like dissableing the trac contorl, or just stuff like that, i want complete control over the computer. i think i heard somthing like a teezer or another one that did a lot of stuff...
AND FOR THE PEOPLE IN FLORIDA
1)when r u guys going to moroso so i can meet some of u there, i dont know when r the days people can just go and run the quarter... are there dyno's there? how much is it to run down the 1/4 and how many passes do u get? how much(if they have it) are the dyno runs?

thanx a lot people, i write all these questions as to not start 20 different threads every time i have a quesion, thanx again

• Sponsors (?)

i'll answer a couple
i have a C&L 85mm mass air...happy with it but a gear would give more bang for the buck. whatever size maf c&l gives u with the kit would be fine, i dont know what year u have so that makes a difference. getting bigger wheels wont fill up the wheel well since the diameter of the tire will remain the same, u need lowering springs to fill that gap. www.ponyexpressperformance.com sells something that will keep your traction control setting so u dont need to turn it off everytime.

yea, its actually the size of the wheel im interested in. it looks like it matches up better with the car. i know it will be the overall same height though... BTW what size tire should i be looking at? 30? 35? to not mess with the traction control.? thanx for ur help, can someone else chime in?

edit: OH WOW!!! i just clicked on the site! thats awsome, just ordered it! thanx a bunch!

ok so ima change the way i post then, ima post a new tread for each question, yep, i bet that would get more replies... man, did i feed my fish today.. lemme go do that.(2min later) k back, miss me. i wonder if i weigh too much, im 6'1 and weigh 242.. i did lose a lot of weight i used to weigh 265! i was a monster! i like being big though, cuz im not fat but BIG like, that guy can beat me up style big... yep, feeling better about myself now.

feel free to delete this thread, if anyone ever reads it

edit: i think ima go back to just reading, no posting, yep sounds like a plan. ITSHYA BOY!

jorge said:
1)fixing the spring/valve float problem, how high can a stock gt engine rev? how do u absolutly fix the valve float problem?

With the stock cams you will probably snap a connecting rod before the valves float. The stock bottom end can usually handle 6500 RPM, but if you have more than stock HP you could be flirting with a snapped connecting rod or cracked piston at 6000RPM. If you have already taken care of the bottom end, then either stiffer valve springs or less lift will take care of any valve float. :shrug:

jorge said:
8)what tunner thing/software can change most if not allt he paramiters or your car that are governed by the computer? i wanna be able to change almost everything that has to do with the computer. ie: instead of getting mil eliminators, i can just do it on the computer. or like dissableing the trac contorl, or just stuff like that, i want complete control over the computer. i think i heard somthing like a teezer or another one that did a lot of stuff...

Tweecer... :nice: