Just tryin to build her up... 94 GT

sweet94GT

Jul 27, 2011
Southern Oregon
I have a 94 GT convertible. I have 3 kids, a job, and am enrolling in school. Its my daily driver til Feb or Mar. Then, Im doing a ground up rebuild, which may take a while. Im wondering if anyone has any inexpensive suggestions. Anything helps. Its already lowered 2'', short throw B&M, straight pipe, with a Fuel Maxx chip, and 3.90 gears

• Sponsors (?)

welcome to the forum! There are loads of options for modification! Cheap is kind of a subjective term. For better suggestions, it would help to know what your budget is, and what exactly you want to do. The best cheap mods that I would suggest are probably nitrous and exhaust. But if you are looking for suggestions on a cheap ground up remake, well, there is nothing cheap about a ground up restoration. For example I paid 700 for my wrecked mustang 3 years ago and have been rebuilding it and now have over 13000 into it and it is a long way from done. I have three kids as well, and was a student also when I started this project. I have just done what I could when I could. Bought most parts off of craigslist , stangnet classifieds, corral classifieds and ebay. Search and search for used parts. Research every mod before you do it. Use the search function extensively, it is your best friend. Good luck with your build and you had better get some pics posted up so we can all admire her!

Good looking car! Well except for the Oregon stickers! ;) To add a pic to your sig line you need to go into the user cp located at the top of the page. then there is a edit signature button on the left side down a ways. You will have to change the size of the pic so that it fits, and Im not sure what the size constraints are. I just messed with it till I got it right.

Nice! You've got a good starting platform. Like others have said, define your goals first, then research like crazy, come up with a good plan, hunt the deals patiently, and don't get sucked into deviating from the plan.

One day when you have time, read about 50 or 60 pages on here, to see what these other guys who have amazing builds have been through. It'll help you shape your own vision and goals, and maybe talk you back from a few things that sound cool at first. I've toyed with forced air ideas several times, but the posts that discuss the challenges bring me back to the fact that my street car does what I need, and doesn't give me challenges I don't need.

Welcome, and remember (from one who's been there) the car will always be there, the kids won't. Hopefully they get into the hobby with you--that's the best of both worlds!

That's so true Husky. My kids are always wanting to help with daddys car, even tho at the moment its usually just washing. And reading is great advice. Just today I poured over the thread that's I believe called from the ashes. If you haven't read it, I recommend it highly. Great piece.