Just wrapped up my audio install :D

arcwcb

Oct 26, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just wrapped up all the little bits and pieces of the first part of my audio install in my 2006 GT. Pretty happy I was able to fit all of it in the car in such a clean install. I'll keep everybody posted on when I start the second part. I realize this is mostly a performance based forum, but sometimes it's nice to see how "the other half" does it lol. Also, as you can tell from the nitrous bottle, performance isn't being left out :nice:

Woofers behind the rear seat
WoofersBehindSeat.jpg

Close up of the port and the coverplate to keep it clean looking
WoofersAndPort.jpg

T1500-1bd amp and my nitrous bottle
T1500-1bdByBottle.jpg

Console with Kenwood DDX-7019 and Speed of Sound switch panel
Console.jpg

Amp rack
Amps.jpg

Side view of amp rack
AmpsAndBottle.jpg

P1 8" woofers and T series speakers behind factory grilles
SpeakersBehindGrilles.jpg

Each door got 5 layers of RF DeadSkin to dampen road noise and to help decrease door flex. I also used RF 1/0 wire for everything and all RF accessories. Let me know what you guys think! PS, everything RF is made in the USA, I figured the iconic American muscle car had to have all USA made products in it :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I'm really in to car audio and Mustangs, so I figured what better way to bring them together! On the Term Lab, I hit 144.2db using Outlaw SPL rules. I'm pretty happy, although some more powerful subs are in the works for this summer... lol

Lol actually, the bass is insane, but I have it that even up all the way and with the subs hitting as hard as they can (which hurts lol), the speakers I put in have absolutely NO distortion. It's like sitting front and center at a concert :D It's great for long road trips, I have a 3 1/2 hour drive from my house to my college, so when I go home for breaks, it's nice to have a crystal clear stereo for the drive.