k everyone brand new here...just want some advice and help

So far the car is basically stock...which options should be done first...pick three

• Total voters

nohboy33

Jul 23, 2006
I have a 96 white mustang GT. was wondering how much dropping the car 1.5"-2" would help the performance? also around how much the whole process would take.

Also, I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of how to fit any kind of 12" sub in the trunk of this thing? Everywhere I go seems to be that they cant do anything about it.

Thanks everyone

• Sponsors (?)

Um, lowering, well, most people do it for looks, and dont spend the money on full suspension components to really make the car handle better. You should get high end springs and struts to start with, dont cheap out, especially on bushings.

As for the sub, make a box yourself, it's not hard, if you dont mind doing things yourself. But, honestly you should be able to find an audio place willing to do it for you, but it will be expensive. Myself I already have the mach460, more than enough. If you already have it, or better, stock, i'd keep it and save the weight of adding a box and amps etc etc.
I'm extremely picky about weight in my car...i'm sure someone else here can give you more/better advice, i'm half asleep. peace

lol man u have to be kiddin me

tomustang said:
Do you have a hat on crooked? don't tell me you want the Black Widow body kit

seriously, you sound like a ricer, wanting huge rims, intake, chip, 'headers', slammed look.

ok umm idk why you gotta be hating for but its all good...anyway i want the saleen body kit and possibly if i can scrape up enough money some side exit exhaust...i mean hey im goin for small improvements i aint balling enough to be making huge splash in terms of engine mods

nohboy33 said:
ok umm idk why you gotta be hating for but its all good...anyway i want the saleen body kit and possibly if i can scrape up enough money some side exit exhaust...i mean hey im goin for small improvements i aint balling enough to be making huge splash in terms of engine mods
You don't have to be rich to make power mods happen.

Chips/Tuners are up around $400, that's not really cheap, and headers are the most expensive exhaust peice you can buy, those are NOT small improvments so don't kid me around. If you want small yet effective improvements you can start with a K&N Filter, 4:10 Gears, some "C" Springs, and some type of catted Mid-pipe.

If you knew, cold air kits don't really do anything, it's the filter that really makes the improvment.

Get yourself a Chilton/Haynes manual and read about the car so you could save endless cash buy doing things yourself, once you find out how easy it is to put on your own springs you'd kick yourself for thinking on having a shop do it for $200+

nohboy33 said:
yeah but see i dont have the machinery needed in order to change my springs and suspension out

I didnt either, so I borrowed my friends jack and jack stands.

Go down to Sears and make a small investment that you'll use over and over (if you want to save money and work on your car yourself), and do it!

QuickCapri83 said:
NOTHING LARGER THAN 17" WHEELS ON N/A GT
*cough* *cough*

What? :mad:

Dscf1022_RS591.jpg

Attachments

• Dscf1022_RS591.jpg
    Dscf1022_RS591.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 60
Plus they can wait, i'd go with gears or exhaust first. Lowering does look nice tho, just be sure and do it right, not just for looks, but performance.
Anyways most ppl will agree gears/exhaust = must have. Especially since you have -99 4.6, you need power! Well I mean if I were you i'd work to get the HP/TQ up a bit before anything else.

tomustang said:
*cough* *cough*

What? :mad:

Dscf1022_RS591.jpg

I just mean in terms of loosing torque from a bigger wheel. With good suspension then defonantly 18's are ok, but, I still prefer the feel of the 17's, just my personal preference, I should'nt have posted it like I did, like it was important. I tried a set of 18's I was gonna buy off a friend and didnt like the feel. It's just me probably, i'm really picky.

Edit: Out of curiosity, why do you prefer larger? Or am I wrong in assuming you do...heh, i'm half asleep here.

Attachments

• Dscf1022_RS591.jpg
    Dscf1022_RS591.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 60
Took this out of pm

nohboy33 said:
but im down to learn and take advice thats why im on here...i was thinking about eibach springs? how do those compare to steeda or H&R? also how much would the gears be?
Eibach doesn't have the customer service and relaibility of H&R or Steeda when it comes to springs

About gears, Motive or FRPP make the best gears, http://mustangtuning.com/rearend.html is a good link to Motive's and install kits, the only other thing to do is find a good shop to get them installed

18's Saleen

QuickCapri83 said:
I just mean in terms of loosing torque from a bigger wheel. With good suspension then defonantly 18's are ok, but, I still prefer the feel of the 17's, just my personal preference, I should'nt have posted it like I did, like it was important. I tried a set of 18's I was gonna buy off a friend and didnt like the feel. It's just me probably, i'm really picky.

Edit: Out of curiosity, why do you prefer larger? Or am I wrong in assuming you do...heh, i'm half asleep here.
Sometimes looks are worth it, I still like the 98 Cobras that came with my snake though