k member help!!!!!!!

I purchased a k member form a private seller I beleive it to be a griggs racing k member. Is there any way of telling if it is for a fox body with 302 and not for a 94-95 or a 96 on 4.6? I'm pretty sure the frames are all the same from 79 to 04 so i think it will bolt to the frame holes but the engine mounts could be different. Does anyone know how to tell these k members apart? maybe a measurement or something? Would a picture help? Thanks Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Ive seen a few people post pictures of the aftermath of K members. One dudes front wheels actually moved back leaving a big gap in the front part of the wheel well. Good luck with it.

The fox k-member and the 94/95 k-member should be the same. The 4.6 k-member is somewhat different. Its the mounting location for the engine mounts that makes the difference. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what the difference is. You might call Maximum Motorsports and see if someone there could help you out. AJE Racing might be able to help you out as well.

I have to ask...WTF did you buy a K-Member from a person that you did not know what application it was for? I am hoping something else is up with the sale and maybe you are second guessing what the guy said it was for? Try John at www.chicane23.com as they sell MM and Griggs both.

Darren

I didn't actually buy the k member i traded some parts off my car that i was not using any more. I would't pay money for something that I'm not sure of. I,ve got one of those plastic ford small blocks used for mocking that i'm trying to fit the k member with solid motor mounts and it seems the 302 block is a little too wide to fit the k member. As long as everything else bolts up suspension wise i can re weld the motor mounts I'll try getting a hold of those people for reference. thanks Jason