K&N Typhoon CAI

• Sponsors (?)

btolenti said:
:bs: :notnice: :bs: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:

The typhoon kits are for imports...

http://knfilters.com/typhoon/

The regular k&n FIPK2 is the one you want (if you really want a CAI). I got it and was unimpressed. I should have listened to everyone else and just got a drop in K&N filter..... :flag:

:lol: You are incorrect....If you go to K&N's website and check you will find out that kit #69-3521TP is made for Mustang GT's.....there are other kits made for domestic cars also.... :owned:

rpayne20 said:
:lol: You are incorrect....If you go to K&N's website and check you will find out that kit #69-3521TP is made for Mustang GT's.....there are other kits made for domestic cars also.... :owned:

:eek: :crazy: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :confused: :confused:

my mistake.....when I bought mine, the typhoon wasn't listed on their site.

It looks like the only difference is that the FIPK2 uses a plastic tube from the MAf to the throttle body, and the typhoon uses an aluminum tube.

I would think the plastic tube would be better due to less heat soak....ie the aluminum one will get mighty hot under the hood...

I'd say stick with the FIPK since it's plastic. I like the idea of it not being hot to touch after a long drive like my MAC was on my other car.

That and I like the fact it's black, which works well with keeping the interior low key instead of going over the top with 'bling'. It'll sure look nice next to a black KB blower too. :nice: