Kabuki_notch's progress thread finally...

• Sponsors (?)

sorry for no updates, this has been taking over my life lately,

View attachment 211846

but I will be back in the garage tonight hopefully to make some more progress on the car.

"HI !"

cute puppie. glad to see work being done. this has been one of my favorite foxes. i too have random body work to do, and cant wait to get a garage to do exactly what your doing. keep up the good work

so another little update, no pics but I got the cherry picker dropped off at my house so I need to start cranking on this thing, my goal is to have the new fender aprons and core support installed and the engine bay painted by the end of September.

I am painting the car Black, ever since I sold my Cobra I wanted another black car.

Also

I just figured out my motor situation...My buddy is selling me his old motor out of his race-car that just has no more than 5-10 passes

This motor is built for boost so I plan on running either a Supercharger or Turbo, here are the specs,

347 Stroker - 8.5:1 compression
-Eagle Forged Crank
-JE Forged Pistons
-H-Beam Rods
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Aluminum Heads
-1.7 Crane Gold Rockers
-F-cam
-Trickflow upper/lower Girdle
-Moroso Oil Pan
-All ARP hardware
-cometic head gaskets
motor is fresh maybe 100 miles on it and I'm getting it for a steal my buddy decided to throw a stock motor in the car to move it for cheaper. I will also be going with Holley Systemax Upper/lower intake and probably 42lb injectors

should be fun, now to start working on this pig....

so another little update, no pics but I got the cherry picker dropped off at my house so I need to start cranking on this thing, my goal is to have the new fender aprons and core support installed and the engine bay painted by the end of September.

I am painting the car Black, ever since I sold my Cobra I wanted another black car.

Also

I just figured out my motor situation...My buddy is selling me his old motor out of his race-car that just has no more than 5-10 passes

This motor is built for boost so I plan on running either a Supercharger or Turbo, here are the specs,

347 Stroker - 8.5:1 compression
-Eagle Forged Crank
-JE Forged Pistons
-H-Beam Rods
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Aluminum Heads
-1.7 Crane Gold Rockers
-F-cam
-Trickflow upper/lower Girdle
-Moroso Oil Pan
-All ARP hardware
-cometic head gaskets
motor is fresh maybe 100 miles on it and I'm getting it for a steal my buddy decided to throw a stock motor in the car to move it for cheaper. I will also be going with Holley Systemax Upper/lower intake and probably 42lb injectors

should be fun, now to start working on this pig....

Aftermarket or factory block? Sounds like fun!

I'm trying to convence my buddy to put a 76 on his H/C/I 347 instead of buying the 06 saleen he wants!BTW nice thread and caint wait to see the progress!OH yeah look up on3 for a nice 76 for that 347!peace

john:p

yeah, I considered On3's kit but we will see, I dont expect to have the car up and running till spring anyway i'm sure ill change my mind a few hundred times before then lol. I keep skimming through the magazines and getting new ideas or seeing things that I would want to replace...so it's going to add up quickly

thread from the dead................UPDATE..

A lot has changed since I started out this project, I lost my job got a new one, then just got a different one and am working on getting a second job so I have been real busy Yes I still have the car and no there hasn't been much progress at all, I am compiling part's but it's just been way too cold here in Rochester to do anything and my girlfriend has been parking her car in the garage but that's going to stop soon :D they are calling for mid to upper 40's so maybe I can actually get something accomplished this week

My current plan looks as this (things have changed)

-Replacing inner fenders and Core support
-Painting Entire car some shade of dark blue maybe Kona or something else
-few exterior mods haven't decided exactly what besides a cobra grill insert
-two options for the motor, either a simple rebuild/freshen up and an On3 kit or just do a H/C/I and do a motor (better block)/power adder next year.
-New Wheels/Tires

So progress should start to pick up very soon on this thing my goal is to have the entire car done and driving by mid May no matter what.

FINALLY!, I can start working on this thing, I had a little hiatus where I got a second job but I just quit it, it was taking up too much time at home and interfering with my full-time job so I got my nights and weekends back.

Parts are finally starting to roll in....I just got my wheels on wednesday and my new inner fenders arrive today. I ordered the Late Model Resto Smoothed inner fenders, probably next week I will be ordering a new Core support and I should be starting body work this weekend! the car is really straight but I need to fix the door locks (going to the junk yard to cut out some from a junk car) and a few little dings on the car.

I am about 95% sure the color will be Kona Blue from the new mustangs, I definitely want to do a blue of some sort. My goal is to have the car completely done by my birthday June 2nd! Expect more updates in the weeks to come. Thanks for looking.

here are a few pics of two of the wheels, they are 18x9 and 18x10 for tires I am doing 255/35/18 in the front and 285/35/18 in the rear.
28ipahe.jpg

14984lu.jpg

shot on the car I just had to...
2dhioid.jpg

**for those interested here's my little puppy from the first page today lol
View attachment 192635

yeah I kinda fell out of love with those anniversary wheels lol it's strange from some angles they looked good but from others they looked nasty but that's just my personal preference! Yeah the dog is a monster she's definitely a handful.