Kb 2.2l or turbo-kit?

• Sponsors (?)

ms93gt said:
lol I doubt that one daggar figuring I'm gunning for the mid-low 10's.

daggar IIRC runs that as he is.. with the secret setup he has scheming with rick that a few of us know about.. he'll be able to rape your FREAKIN SCHWEET DIY or hellion turbo kit lol

Ironman92GT said:
daggar IIRC runs that as he is.. with the secret setup he has scheming with rick that a few of us know about.. he'll be able to rape your FREAKIN SCHWEET DIY or hellion turbo kit lol

Ya his new setup is pretty damn sick, I have to admit. It's my stupid stock block thats limiting my potential. Hopefully fords new boss block will be around $1,200, might buy that.

American_Muscle said:
You guys are making this very hard on me! :)

KB....Turbo...KB....Turbo...KB....Turbo

I just don't want to :bang: afterwards if I make the wrong choice.

but then again either choice would probably be enough to cook some serious rice.:hail2:

cook rice.......screw that:nonono:

cook some vipers and Z06 vettes:rolleyes:

gcwh02 said:
No way a turbo is taking a KB from the stop lights. This thread made me want to plan out a 2.2 KB to buy. I got plans for a mild 331 before that, what block should I spring for daggar? dart?

That's what I'm going with. I understand that World also makes a great Ford small block but that it's a bit heavier than the Dart Sprtsman.

gcwh02 said:
No way a turbo is taking a KB from the stop lights. This thread made me want to plan out a 2.2 KB to buy. I got plans for a mild 331 before that, what block should I spring for daggar? dart?
if a kb could take my turbo cobra from a light i would be seriously impressed. cuz its just not going to happen. and can you adjust your boost with a kb while driving? didn't think so you loose have a nice day:nice: :owned:

turbofreek said:
if a kb could take my turbo cobra from a light i would be seriously impressed. cuz its just not going to happen. and can you adjust your boost with a kb while driving? didn't think so you loose have a nice day:nice: :owned:

If you were both runing slicks and the set-up are comparable,I think the screw blower would beat you from a light.Also,it is possable with a electic by-pass welded to the manifold to control the boost by bleeding off pressure.

Just put the larger crank and smallest blower pully on and then the valves work the magic electronicaly.

turbofreek said:

ok, so a KB cant adjust its boost before the race. Boost for boost, while your turbo(s) are still spooling up and the KB is instant boost right off of the bat, the KB will win from light to light. Plus the KB almost reaches its maximum torque right at 2k rpms and consistently carries it throughout the rpm range. I'm not saying your turbo wouldnt win the 1/4 mile battle, light from light you'd get :owned:

gcwh02 said:
ok, so a KB cant adjust its boost before the race. Boost for boost, while your turbo(s) are still spooling up and the KB is instant boost right off of the bat, the KB will win from light to light. Plus the KB almost reaches its maximum torque right at 2k rpms and consistently carries it throughout the rpm range. I'm not saying your turbo wouldnt win the 1/4 mile battle, light from light you'd get :owned:

Ahhhh…you seem to be forgetting the magical turbo helper called the "two-step". :nice:

In an attempt to keep my distance from the "My penis is bigger than yours" portion of what started out as a discussion about KBs and Turbos, I will say.... I've not been "owned" by anything from a stop light since installing and properly tuning the KB. This includes turbos, centris, big blocks, nitrous, or whatever else one can think of to toss into the mix (that's not to say that couldn't one day happen). The bottom line is that it sure is a hell of allota fun. I've suprised some pretty nice cars with much larger numbers on the dyno sheet than I'm showing. It's pretty customary that when you've had a copule car lengths put on you on the street that you've just been beat by the more powerful car. I'm here to tell ya... that's not always the case. LOL Who am I to tell a more powerful car that if they'd just kept going another 1/8th mile or so that they'd have passed me for sure? :D

So anyway... Let's try an not turn the remainder of the thread into a pissing match. There's some decent info in this thread. Maybe it'll help someone decide one way or the other which way they want to go. Makes no difference to me, it's not my car but I'd be glad to answer anyone's questions.

Cheers,
Daggs

bluevenom867 said:
Why dont you put a nitrous kit on instead of the meth injection Dag?

:D

125hp wet shot in the intake plenum (befor the blower) would pick you up like 250ft-lbs. :) :eek:

This has been discussed and may be a possibility in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:

Daggar said:
In an attempt to keep my distance from the "My penis is bigger than yours" portion of what started out as a discussion about KBs and Turbos, I will say.... I've not been "owned" by anything from a stop light since installing and properly tuning the KB. This includes turbos, centris, big blocks, nitrous, or whatever else one can think of to toss into the mix (that's not to say that couldn't one day happen). The bottom line is that it sure is a hell of allota fun. I've suprised some pretty nice cars with much larger numbers on the dyno sheet than I'm showing. It's pretty customary that when you've had a copule car lengths put on you on the street that you've just been beat by the more powerful car. I'm here to tell ya... that's not always the case. LOL Who am I to tell a more powerful car that if they'd just kept going another 1/8th mile or so that they'd have passed me for sure? :D

So anyway... Let's try an not turn the remainder of the thread into a pissing match. There's some decent info in this thread. Maybe it'll help someone decide one way or the other which way they want to go. Makes no difference to me, it's not my car but I'd be glad to answer anyone's questions.

Cheers,
Daggs
:stupid:
but if you have full boost/power at 2k then power can only go down from there:nonono:

turbofreek said:
:stupid:
but if you have full boost/power at 2k then power can only go down from there:nonono:

Wrong.

As rpms increase power increases,though torque will usually fall off.The KB will make a very linar curve,its not it doesnt make any more power after 2K its just it has cought up to it peak power faster :D

This works well with the positive displacment blowers better than people give them credit for (i.e. :"Roots blowers are for low-end torque..."),and is generally wrong.You take a blower displacing lets say 201ci per revolution,and turn it 3 times motor speed,on a 302 your effectively craming in 600ci of air (theroricaly with no resticions) and should be able to double the power out put if it could only draw in 302ci of air n/a.Now lets say this all happens at 3000rpm,well at 6000rpm,the blower is turning twice as fast and some simple math you cna see it now pushing alot more volume.And more volume will make more boost.

So for all the turbo guys saying they make more power per lbs of boost- I ask you this,at what rpm would that be?

Cause the blower guys can always put on differant pullies and whind them out more,hehe. :D

bluevenom867 said:
Wrong.

As rpms increase power increases,though torque will usually fall off.The KB will make a very linar curve,its not it doesnt make any more power after 2K its just it has cought up to it peak power faster :D

This works well with the positive displacment blowers better than people give them credit for (i.e. :"Roots blowers are for low-end torque..."),and is generally wrong.You take a blower displacing lets say 201ci per revolution,and turn it 3 times motor speed,on a 302 your effectively craming in 600ci of air (theroricaly with no resticions) and should be able to double the power out put if it could only draw in 302ci of air n/a.Now lets say this all happens at 3000rpm,well at 6000rpm,the blower is turning twice as fast and some simple math you cna see it now pushing alot more volume.And more volume will make more boost.

So for all the turbo guys saying they make more power per lbs of boost- I ask you this,at what rpm would that be?

Cause the blower guys can always put on differant pullies and whind them out more,hehe. :D
well mine spools fully at around 25-2800 and just keeps climbing on both sides
hp and tq. no downward slope in the torque department like a +disp blower. i also dont have a belt or pulley turning it loosing parastic drag hp. and your right you have to change a pulley to get more boost:rlaugh: i just turn a knob. dont even have to get out of the car no tools involved:D

turbofreek said:
well mine spools fully at around 25-2800 and just keeps climbing on both sides
hp and tq. no downward slope in the torque department like a +disp blower. i also dont have a belt or pulley turning it loosing parastic drag hp. and your right you have to change a pulley to get more boost:rlaugh: i just turn a knob. dont even have to get out of the car no tools involved:D

Ugh,electronic blow off valves...ever heard of them (basicaly a big solinoid)?

Just set how much pressure you want to dump and put the biggest crank,and smallest blower pullies you got on.Then the blower guys can control theres with a knob also.

But of course both set-ups are inferior to my nitrous set-up :rolleyes:

Ill just add a seprate enrichment tank and put in 80% nitro mix :D

bluevenom867 said:
Ugh,electronic blow off valves...ever heard of them (basicaly a big solinoid)?

Just set how much pressure you want to dump and put the biggest crank,and smallest blower pullies you got on.Then the blower guys can control theres with a knob also.

But of course both set-ups are inferior to my nitrous set-up :rolleyes:

Ill just add a seprate enrichment tank and put in 80% nitro mix :D
that valve is great. if you want lower boost:lol: can you raise it in infancy? nope enuff said im done here:rolleyes: