Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by American_Muscle, May 9, 2006.
turbo freak how fast is your car?
whats the matter with you guys if turbo is as bad a$$ as you claim i would atleast like to see some insane 9 second street car number. someone musta taken there car to a track or are you turbo mustang guys like ricers and do fly by's? ok i apologize for the ricer/mustang burn.
its a street car couldn't tell you. if you show up at joliet im trying to get it ready to run wild street
and as far as how fast can these so called stock 50 turbo cars go. they have been known well to go tens but blocks dont like it for very long. quite a few consistant low 11's with dependability. most get boost addiction and turn it up and break something thats really hard not to do. fastest stocker i know of has ran 6.19 in the 1/8th mile with a glide and 410 gears
so basically your as fast as me but i have longevity on my side (as long as my AFR never goes way outa wack and i burn a hole in a piston) because i only have my power in a bottle and use it when i need to most of the time i'm not workin my internals that hard.
I'd say however those 11's he's running have trap speeds in the 125-130mph range. Sure you may be as "quick" in the 1/4 mile…but only due to your launching capabilities.
No the majority of them are in 10's. I can't tell you my times yet because my motor is sitting on the engine stand. As far as 10's go, here look
11) Toma -1988 Ford Mustang LX Hatch 9.790 @ 140.5 mph, 1.55 60'
Stock 302 shortblock, F303 Cam, Performer heads, TFS track heat intake, Incon Turbo Kit. TH400 trans, 3.27 gears, 27x9" et Streets.
12) smokedu '90 LX coupe (the wife's car) 9.790 @ 128.13, 1.345 60'
302, AOD,MT 275/60/15 DR's, Hp stage 1 , 60-1
14) Drlee50 - 1988 gt hatch 9.874 @ 141.11 1.86 60ft
308 ci R-302 block with victor jr heads with titanium intake and stainless ex valves, 1.6 rockers, custon 550 lift cam, , big stuff 3, systemax 2 intake, 3.55 gears, 8.8 rear 33 spline, spool, 28x10.5 x15 m/t drag slciks, car lowered 1.5-2" front and rear, h&r race springs. set for 20 psi, but say 27 psi at the track on short shift. timing at 20 degrees max at 20 degrees.
15) blackholehunter 1991 LX hatch 9.88 @ 138.5 1.51 60ft
302, custom single, pt-74gtq, AOD w/brake, 3300lbs, wolfe rear suspension, 28X10.5 et streets
16) Mick 1989 LX 9.89 @ 136.98, 1.456 60'
306 stock '95 block and crank, but with forged pistons built by me,C4 best 60' 1.397, 28x11.50 Hoosier QTP, Home made turbo kit with Precision GT4067HPS
17) lightweight- 9.90 @ 147. 1.70 60ft
Engine Displacement and trans--331 Tremec TKO
Tire Size and type-- 28x10.5's
Turbo kit and size-- Custom kit, 76mm thumper @ 13psi
18) turbocobra 1995 Cobra 1/4 - 9.97 @ 141 1.62 60 ft.
275/60/15 MT Drag Radials, PTK - PT76GTS,336 / AOD
19) WOLVERINE - 10.14 @ 141 1.800 60/ft 13psi
GT42R Super 76 101 A/R GTS Trim
331ci DART SHORT BLOCK
VICTOR JR HEAD
20) BarryD - 1992 LX 10.17 @ 136.50mph 1.51 60ft.
stock hypereutectic shortblock,ITS Stage II twin kit ,
26X10 ET Drag, 3400#
21) 1quick86 - 1986 gt 1/4 - 10.23 @ 130 1.44 60'
stock hypereutectic short block, afr 165 heads, systemax intake, e-303 cam, 72#injectors, aeromotive fuel system, dfi gen 7, AOD, 26x10 et streets, ptk srteet kit with a 76gts running 16psi
22) jbi66 - 10.67 @129 with a 1.7 60.
325/50 MT's, 1992 Notchback 302, c4. This is a STOCK longblock. Stock cam and everything. GT40 lower with a downs upper. Precision T-76 on a self built kit.
23) thetim 1992 Coupe 10.72 @ 130.5 mph is best
92 302 motor,AFR - 185s, wolverine 1190,T-76,EPEC, PA super comp c-4,72lb injectors, 28X12.50 e/t street.
24) Ackbar00 - 10.84 @ 121.83 1.70 60 Ft.
Fox Lake 306, Edelbrock Heads & Intake, Tremec 3550, PTK Gen 3 w/ T-64, MT ET Streets
25) Big Jay - 95 Cobra Replica 10.88 @ 141 1.6 60' Custom Single Turbo Kit, using 91mm, 347 Cu.in. 5 speed, Dart Block
26) twinturbostang - '91 LX Coupe 10.98 @ 125.3 1.52 60ft. 305ci (302 bored .020"over),Incon800ttiat9psi
E'brockheads/intake,F303 cam,Tremec TKO, 3.55 gears
28x10.5" ET Drags
27) Tommy2pd- 91 LX 11.01 @ 130 1.61 60ft
custom single, T76, 18" BFG Drag Radials, Stock block
28) Turbo Matt - 11.04 @ 128mph, 1/8 mile 7.04 @ 101mph, 1.74 60-foot
347 sportsman block, AFR heads, Twin Turbocharged T3/T4 Hybrids, 11psi.
29) SoL_93GT - 11.29 @ 124 mph 1/4 mile and 7.20 @ 100 mph 1/8th mile, 1.7 60' spinning through first gear
93 GT 10k original miles,16 lbs of boost from HP Performance kit with 60mm Holset/Garret Hybrid turbo, 1.7 rockers and Cometics, other than that the motor is bone stock from oil pan to throttle body, TKO 600, 3.27 gear, and 28x11.5 ET Streets on 16" Pony's.
30) davidl340 95 MustangGT 11.46 @ 123.5 mph, 1.92 60ft
t64 PTK kit, TF Street Heat heads, Typhoon intake, 3.55 gears, AODE w/PI converter, Nittos, MSD, 1.7 rockers, Tweecer, 42lb. injectors, 80mm MAF Feature Car Specs
31) BlackMagic94 11.5 @ 124, 1.70 60ft
HP Performance SN95 kit , T66, AEM
32) Superman -1991 LX Mustang 11.85 @ 120.5 MPH 1.93 60'
306 motor,T64E PTK Turbo Kit,AFR185Heads,Holleyintake,EX282HR cam,Tremec TKO II,4.10s in a stock rearend,255 50 R15 BFG Drag Radials
33) Disney Lincoln - '90 Lincoln 12.43 @113 1.85 60'
Mark VII LSC, 4040 pounds race weight, 302 stock longblock, Twin T3's JYTT, AOD, completely junky ass PTC converter that stalls 6000 under boost, 3.27 gears
Only known Twin turbo Lincoln!!
1) Mod Mustang Racing 2000 Mustang8.20 @ 168 1.32 60ft306 , 88mm turbo, 28x10.5
2) 8urls1 - 8.41@169 mph. 1.49 60 foot spining 28x10.5 true
363 cubes, 88 mm gt-47, c-6, 3338 pounds, 95 mustang, custom kit air to air intercooled
3) RadialPrincess - 1991 LX 1/4= 8.42 @ 166mph 1.55 60' 1/8 = 5.85 @ 143 mph 60' 1.53. 331 Cid, Powerglide, Tire: BFG D/R 325/50/15 for all but the 174mph... done on M/T D/R 275/50/15. The 8.42 was a 76mm Innovative in 2003 The rest is a 88mm Innovative all on Lugo Performance Kit.
4) smokedu - 8.72 @ 166 fist time off the trailer baby! MT 325/60/15 DR,101mm SC1
5) WaterPog '94 cobra 9.177 @ 151.56 - 1.513 60'
R-block 302, Victor Jr. heads, Custom solid roller cam, Victor 5.0 intake and TTi Twin system with PT-61's. The car was running on 275/60-15 M/T Drag Radials through a powerglide and 3.55 rearend gears.
6) turbotbirds - 87 Mustang Coupe
9.36 @ 149
21psi, 357ci, GT40Heads, Z303, 50 shot, 750cfm carb,3.27gear, 28X10.5 ET Drags
7) TurboSN95 - 1995 Mustang 9.38 @ 148 w/ 1.444 60' time
343 cubes and Lentech AOD,TTI Race kit with 80mm Innovative turbo, 28x10.5x15 ET DRAG
8.) spankustang - 90coupe
9.44 @ 152, 1.65 60'
3215#, 347ci, TFS highport heads, 80mm Innovative Turbo, Powerglide
275 x 60 M/T drag radials
9) Enginerd - 1993 LX Coupe 9.66 @ 139.75, 1.40 60ft.
"Custom" kit: TTI twin headers, Turbonetics 60-1 hifi's, Incon intercooler,331 ci motor,C4 trans,28 X 10.5 ET Drags
10) Turbo50Mike - 1988 Mustang GT 9.67 @ 143.58 1.58 60'
BFG Drag Radial (325/50/15),Turbo Technology Twin Turbo Race Kit,Twin Turbonetics T-70 Turbos,342 R-block TFS High Port Heads
Accell DFI Tuned By Job Jr. ,Homebuilt C-4 w/ Dynamic Transbrake
look at how many STOCK SHORTBLOCKS THERE ARE, and in the 9's.
It takes a pretty potent combo to get a vortech past 475 rwhp. Don't get me wrong, it's done all the time. But you need a great set of heads, blower cam, and alot of other high end parts.
A turbo will go blasting past 500 with ease.
All the more to blow to pieces....
You can get a nitrous car into 9's with a stock shortblock,you just got to use a little differant than the normal set-up
Oh,and how come their 60' blows too?
Also,you showed all 1/4 mile ET's,show some 1/8 mile
Hmmm…I myself wouldn’t consider 1.4 and 1.5 60's sucking….would you? Keep in mind too that decent 60's are not necessarily easy to come by.
there are also 1.7-1.9s too, for that fast of cars, those arent saying much for 9-11 sec cars. But there are some good 1.4s too
True…but I hardly expect to come anywhere close to 1.5's with my current combo either. It's not for the lack of off the line torque but rather the lack of tire and perhaps suspension for the strip. I have plenty of torque down low…and my megasquirt allows me to program a 2-step which will aid the effort even further.
Well, we have had a 1.38 60' on a screwed up run,and hope to get into low 1.30's maybe even 1.20's on 28x10.5 slicks,radials would probably loose a tenth or two.
I'll be getting with you on improving 60 foot times. Mine suck! I'd be downright giddy with a 1.6 60 foot. LOL
In all fairness though... I don't prep for the track. As mentioned before, I've been to the track twice in the last year and half or so. I'd love to get some more traction but not at the expense of streetability. Part of my problem are these hard compound Cooper tires I've got on here but they'll have to stick around long enough for me to get my 5 lug and rear end beef-up completed.
That reminds me of another question. Any of you folks had any good success with say... a 255 series tire in a DR or something like the Nitto 555r? MUST retain cornering ability and maybe pick up some additional stickyness in the mix.
What was the tire you ran?
What size was it?
How were launch characteristics?
How were hard cornering characteristics?
gotcha, your combo is still kick ass
Bout the biggest tire you will be able to fit in there will be a 275/60/15,that the largets we could get in our in a M/T radial (havent tryed the 325/50/15,but I dont think they would work,cause it look like it would rub the inner well badly).
I think your probably need to get a second pair of rear wheels and have slicks mounted on them for track time.