KB Flowzilla VS S Trim

Wow, only 290hp with those mods??? My cousin ran a 13.2 at 107mph UNTUNED with the KB blowzilla, non-flowzilla intake, stock heads and cam. He didn't dyno it, but based on the MPH and such it would have been right around in that range power wise.

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
i heard that the kenne bell's ,and all other roots/screw style s/c's cause alot of heat, and there is no way to intercool them. I guess that maby an ati with an intercooler would be better headgasket wise right? less heat/less det>?

The truth is just the opposite. The KB or any other "screw" type compressor will run coller than a "positive displacement" (roots style) blower. The screws do not touch anything, and so do not create the heat of a roots style. NOt shure how the centrifugals and screws compare for heat - probably closely related to pressure rather than which of those two styles you choose. Of course the pressure curves of those two are VERY different.

94SC50 said:
Paul that's sounds inspiring to me considering in the back of my mind I am still concerned a lot about be able to put down good #'s at the track and dyno. I keep hearing it's not a track blower and I won't produce over 400 at the wheels but I always like to go against the grain somewhat and and try and be an underdog w/ something to prove.
We'll see what I can try and do with it. :D

Just think about the 03 cobras, how many 120+ heavy a$$ 03/04 cobras are out there, and they use a much less efficient eaton postive displacement blower.

yellow1995Cobra said:
Just think about the 03 cobras, how many 120+ heavy a$$ 03/04 cobras are out there, and they use a much less efficient eaton postive displacement blower.
Yessssssssss, just think about how nice it would be to have an 03 Cobra with a Kenne Bell. :drool: So fast, so much fun.

:jester:

Dave

Dave, there is an '03 cobra that runs at my home track with a KB. I personally have seen it run 10.9's at 130+mph on 18" drag radials!!! Another guy I know locally just put a whipple on his '03 vert and dyno's 5XX to the wheels. I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I know Troy (yeahloh95) does. Maybe he'll see this and post up.

Sometimes I wish I had an 03 Cobra, that's for sure. One of the locals ("909" on StangNet) is pushing over 700 to the wheels. He does, however, run race gas full time and 335 drag radials to attempt to keep it attached to the asphalt. :rlaugh:. And he has this odd habit of proving to all the local crotch rockets that there really ARE cars on the road that are faster than they are. :owned:

I wish I knew him better, I'd ask for a ride in the beast.

Dave

JR,

I ordered my blowzilla through Excessive last week. Long turn around though. Looks like 3 or 4 weeks. We will probably get them around the same time. I was going to pulley for 12, but dropped it back to 9 on the stock bottom end.

Matt

I already put down over 300, but I wanted to do something different.

I had the car for sale for a while, but I changed my mind again and decided to keep it and mod it some more. I have no need to sell it, its a fun car to play with too.