KB Intercooler...

• Sponsors (?)

VividDreams said:
doesnt it sit between the blower and the heads? out of sight?

Yes, there is one here too. But the water of this heat exchanger is cooled down by another radiator in front of the car...

I don't know where the transmission cooler sits though...in front or behind the KB one... :shrug:

00s281sc368 said:
Yes, there is one here too. But the water of this heat exchanger is cooled down by another radiator in front of the car...

I don't know where the transmission cooler sits though...in front or behind the KB one... :shrug:

My transmission cooler is mounted to the lowest point...all the way over to the driver's side of the car that I could mount it because the hoses were almost too short - bolted to the lower front radiator/condenser support. Looks like a PS cooler/tube and bracket takes up a lot of the middle and passenger's side in front of the condenser.

The KB set up is nearly identical to that of my AED. It uses a small intercooler "brick" just in front of the blower outlet, sandwiched between the blower and the intake manifold and then a heat exchanger (which is basically a glorified transmission cooler) in the front, in front of the radiator to dissipate the heat that the brick has soaked up from the air charge. The system works well and usually keeps the air charge about 10-deg over ambient….unless you start to get crazy with the boost. :D