KB versus Novi 2000 - which is better for cold weather, cold startups?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll go with either the 1.7 or nothing.

I want to be legal in Cally, and I don't want to have to remove the 2.2 every time I get it emissions-inspected.

I'd like to see how the 1.7 is, before going to the additional expense and hassle of getting the 2.2.

If I ever get to the point that I want more than 400 rwhp on the street and 500 rwhp at the track, then I'll think about getting a 2.2.

If I ever get to the point that I want more, then I imagine that the cost of the 1.7 will be a drop in the bucket.

• Sponsors (?)

well i just read on this site that somtimes they have over heating problems. or they run too hot in hot wreather. i dont remember exactly what the problem was, maybe someone else has more info.

KB's run fine in hot weather. Obviously you don't want to touch the case because you could probably fry eggs on it. Heat soak I guess is the biggest problem. I need to do some more datalogging to see what my intake temps have been recently. I have had no problems in cold or hot temps.

MT1083 said:
KB's run fine in hot weather. Obviously you don't want to touch the case because you could probably fry eggs on it. Heat soak I guess is the biggest problem. I need to do some more datalogging to see what my intake temps have been recently. I have had no problems in cold or hot temps.

Thanks, MT!

Ghost001 said:
Sounds like the KB doesn't mind cold weather.

I think I'm going to try to get a 2.2, somehow...

If not, then a 1.7 for sure.

I live in Michigan. Drive my KB blown stang year round. Never had any problem. The only cold weather warning I could find in the manual was to say not to go WOT until the engine was fully warmed up. I keep mine below 3500 rpm until it's hot.

Unless you're looking to make 600 rwhp (better have those forged internals) that realistically won't be streetable, a 2.2 is a waste of money. I'll take my conservative tuned 410 rwhp all day, thank you very much. :banana:

Jakes said:
I live in Michigan. Drive my KB blown stang year round. Never had any problem. The only cold weather warning I could find in the manual was to say not to go WOT until the engine was fully warmed up. I keep mine below 3500 rpm until it's hot.

Thanks, Jakes! That gives me even more confidence in the KB! :nice: