Keep factory speakers or replace with these?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by MDfive21, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MDfive21

MDfive21 New Member

hi guys. i just bought a 2004 mustang v6 3.9L :D

i have a pair of sony 6x9 speakers from a previous installation. they're nothing real special, but i'm wondering how the stock mach-mp3 stereo speakers stand up against them. what would you do? keep or replace?

MODEL # XS-GT6935A

here's what the head unit looks like http://replacementradios.com/images/fordmachmp3.jpg
  2. Chrome_Rust

Chrome_Rust Member

You would have to modify the speakerbox under the rear shelf package tray. Plus you would get no high frequencies sent to them. I am assuming that you have the MACH460 stereo. Ford went to an 8 speaker design with the 460 stereo. It consists of 4 1.5" "tweeters" running off the Deck with only high frequencies. Then there is 2 amps mounted under the package tray on the speaker box. Each amp is Mono running the front and rear 5x8's respectively. For a stock stereo it sounds pretty damn good. I installed the mach460 stereo (6-disc indash version) in my 93. About to upgrade to Mach 1000 specs. Google that one....
  3. 2BADSTANGS

2BADSTANGS New Member

I would call the mach setup mid-grade, so if you are just trying to replace it with mid grade equipment, it's not worth the effort.