Kelsey Hayes Disc Vs Pbr With Granda Spindles

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by BaLleRz68, May 1, 2013.

1. BaLleRz68

BaLleRz68 Founding Member

Is there a difference in stopping power between the factory Kelsey Hayes disc brakes vs PBR (01+ calipers) with Granada spindles? What are the benefits between the two setups? I’m debating between the two for my 67 with manual steering. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Fstbk

Fstbk Member

The odd parts bin brake conversion can really be a pain down the road, the center hole for the wheel may need to be a different size, the track widths can change and the type of clearance between the wheel and that caliper can also be an issue.

I went with the KH style (4 piston) from CSRP and could not be happier.
  3. 65fastbackresto

65fastbackresto Active Member

I have the Granada conversion and will be going a different route when I can afford it. It doesn`t stop much better than the drums did, and it does not drive as well as it should either.
  4. mtaqua

mtaqua Member

KH CSRP with hawk pads, stops well. It was power, but went to manual for more room under the hood. I prefer the manual now. A little harder push than power, but I can feel and control it better.
  5. horse sence

horse sence SN Certified Technician

i had the Kelsey Hays 4 pistons on my 65 fast back ,i could lock them with little effort :nice:
  6. iskwezm

iskwezm Advanced Member

I have the factory KH 4 piston calipers.Either they arent working to well or i was used to the brakes on my 06 GT. Either way i want to do the cobra brake conversion in the future.
  7. rbohm

rbohm Founding Member

i think you are used to your 06 with its larger rotors and greater brake swept area.