>>> Kenne Bell 2V twinscrew SC is here!!!!!

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Red Dragon, Aug 1, 2003.

1. goe

goe New Member

You aren't very smart, are you?
  2. GotMustangs

GotMustangs New Member

:stupid:
  3. Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson Founding Member

Isn't this like argueing over whether dog $hit would taste better than cat $hit? :shrug:
  4. Romeo46LV8

Romeo46LV8 Founding Member

I agree. First off, your comparing apples to oranges engine wise, BUT apples to apples car wise BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL MUSTANGS!! Drop the I can pee further than you can, 8 year old debate and get back to the awesome fact that Red Dragon is one of the first, if not THE first to use probably one of the best products to come out for the 4.6L to date.

Who cares which car has more go at a given RPM? :bang: They are both Mustangs with equal contributions to the Mustang world and family. Set of gears to fix the 4.6L, set of heads to fix the 5.0L, and done. You want to debate the subject, fine, but do it in a new thread. Frankly I'm here to hear all about the KB twin screw that I could possibly buy for MY SOHC 4.6L V8. Not how my '01 GT has less low end than a '93 GT that wasn't even for sale when I bought my car.

Sorry for the venting, just quit the ****ing contest already. You can only beat a dead horse so much. :chair:
  5. AikiRonin

AikiRonin Founding Member

Ummm...didn't you guys get sidetracked from the point of this thread? It was a guy who was very excited about his new toy....and wanted to share it. If you want to debate what's better a 5.0 or a 4.6...could you go do it someplace else? There are more people on here just waiting to hear how the car performs and ask some questions about his purchase..... :nonono:

Aiki
  6. hognutz

hognutz New Member

man I would love to see some dyno #########'s. I am thinking I want one of these things would just like to see if it really delivers what kb says it will.
  7. Sam98

Sam98 Founding Member

I don't doubt that the results will be impressive, but the claims on Kenne Belle's website are specious at best. After all, has anyone ever seen a 2002 GT put down 245 RWHP with nothing but a catback? I seriously doubt it, and if the stock numbers are inflated by around 11% the rest probably are as well. Even so, 360 RWHP from the 9 psi intercooled kit wouldn't be bad IMO... :nice:
  8. 03trubluGT

03trubluGT New Member

Just out of curiosity, what can one get out of just a catback???

Matt
  9. ttbit

ttbit Founding Member

10. Romeo46LV8

Romeo46LV8 Founding Member

:stupid: Amen.

Red Dragon, its been awhile since you've given us an update. How is the car doing? Power? Gas mileage? Overall satisfaction with the kit?
  11. _02StangGT_

_02StangGT_ New Member

OK!?!?!?!?!?! :shrug:

Back to the KB now. Does anyone know if there will be a Steeda/Cobra Killer/Mongoose (any other i forgot?) setup for a Kenne Bell supercharger??? Would they be able to tune the car the same as they would tune a car with a Vortech or Paxton?? Would Steeda even be able to install a KB on my car???

They seem to get a lot more power with their tunes then most companies who install chargers on mustangs.
  12. Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson Founding Member

Tuning a KB car is different than tuning a centrifugal. Timing and/or fuel taqbles need to be adjusted since the engine will see boost under part throttle and at any rpm. Just make sure that whoever does your tune has experience with twin screw blowers.
  13. cobra killer

cobra killer Founding Member

As soon as I can get my hands on a car to do it.I'll have a Reflash for it and a package..

Tim
  14. ASilver2001GT

ASilver2001GT Founding Member

You can use my car as a test mule to set up the package :D

Your best bet would be to go ahead and order the supercharger tomorrow, this way it will be here by next weekend. :jester:
  15. SmithAtlanta

SmithAtlanta Founding Member

:D

I saw my first Kenne Bell Blower last week on a 302 and I must say it looks very nice. It sounded a little quieter than the roots style to me but the guy didn't go WOT for me to really tell how loud it was. Nice looking, though. He hadn't had it dyno'd.

If you could only adjust the timing using the fuel tables and various other sensors in the car to keep it safe. :)
  16. Black2001GT

Black2001GT Founding Member

I have a lightly modded 2001 GT that you can use as your test mule. I drive my truck during the week mostly.
  17. BETTERBULLITT

BETTERBULLITT Founding Member

Yep, if Tim and Steeda come out with a "safe" tune for these KB blowers that would be the ultimate street set up!!

C'mon Tim! You can do it! :p :nice:
  18. BrightBlue00GT

BrightBlue00GT I am even OLDER than Hawk!

Why isn't the KB tune a 'safe' tune? Just wondering what's wrong with the way the tune their own product?
  19. KenB

KenB Founding Member

Showcase:
    I'm sure their tune is fine, but if it doesn't have the name "CobraKiller" attached to it, it's just not good enough!
  20. Black2001GT

Black2001GT Founding Member

KB is not in Atlanta :D Tim is, and so am I.