Kenne Bell 9# install results!

• Sponsors (?)

Any idea on how much something like that would cost? I have been thinking about it and have a 2003 GT. KB seems the way to go. What kind od sound differnce is there in the engine?

buddy1065 said:
Any idea on how much something like that would cost? I have been thinking about it and have a 2003 GT. KB seems the way to go. What kind od sound differnce is there in the engine?

www.kennebell.net

The pricelist is on the website. Not much of a sound difference. KBs are very quiet, unlike the Eaton unit on the Cobra. You can't hear mine over the Longtubes/OffroadX/Magnaflow Catback.

Matt

hotmustang331 said:
Nice write up, almost convinced me to buy one LOL, until I remembered that I have a stock lowend and that I dont have $5K laying around.

I made my power adder money as a male stripper :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have a stock bottom end as well. As long as I keep it under 5,800 RPMs, KB says it'll last.

I've got 6,500 miles on her now.

Matt

buddy1065 said:

At idle, somehow the engine sounds deaper :shrug: Maybe the bigger injectors?
There is a sweet gearing whine around 3000rpm, otherwise it just screams under boost :D

I wanna call :bs: on this one guys....

There is no way on the day of the KB install I could've:
#1: Stop somewhere for breakfast on the way to do the install
and
#2: Stop mid install to break for lunch. :nonono:

I wouldn't be able to think of food on a day like that. :flag:

Nice write up by the way...except for the above mentioned issue. :banana:

JTAM963 said:
Is your car a manual or auto...I have a stock auto and was wondering if you can just do a KB 9# without doing any mods..n what exhaust best producing with the blower?

5 Speed. I don't see why an auto wouldn't work, just wouldn't make as much RWHP.

I don't think there is a "best". If I would have forseen going with a blower, I probably wouldn't have put the Longtubes on her. Forced induction people say that longtube gains are negligable (sp?). I would probably have gone with shorties and cattedX.

Matt

mcmmotorsports said:
I wanna call :bs: on this one guys....

There is no way on the day of the KB install I could've:
#1: Stop somewhere for breakfast on the way to do the install
and
#2: Stop mid install to break for lunch. :nonono:

I wouldn't be able to think of food on a day like that. :flag:

Nice write up by the way...except for the above mentioned issue. :banana:

Well, everything is true...... Besides when you're using someone else's shop, tools, and expertise (and he's not charging you), you better damm well feed him and keep him happy. You don't want him thinking about his stomach and skip a vital step!

Matt

Oh, BTW 2000 4.6, thanks, I plan on getting the Big Tube someday...

Matt