Kenne Bell 9psi Rocks!!!!!

01MustangGT

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2002
CA
Kenne Bell 9psi Rocks!!!!! Just update some pics, 56k beware

First, i would like to thank Kenne Bell to put up a damn perfect kit and GNJ Motorsport in Milpitas, CA for the imazing installation.

i couldn't believe how much fun i have with the car rite now. it's so strong that i could pass people in my fifth gear with half throttle. the low end torque is just imazing. My car is so damn loud with the KB+ Mac o/r H + Magnapack. My friend in his turbo civic almost goes deaf when i passed him at 3000rpm in third gear. Compare to my stock, it's just like night and day. When i was stock, everytime i shift, the rpm will drop down and gain back but very slow. Now, with the Kenne Bell, everytime i shift, the rpm will be picked up right at where it was left in the gear before. :banana:
Take my advice, don't waste money on little things, u won't notice anything. Save it for the Kenne Bell, and you will never want to go back.
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Edit: here are some pic of my cars
DSC00581.JPG

DSC00580.JPG

DSC00582.JPG

DSC00585.JPG

DSC00574.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

stallion98gt said:
yep yep..I'm saving too :)..how long did it take to the shop to install it ?
u made the rite decision :nice: Hope you will get it soon
Kenne Bell said 10 hours, but the shop took 16 hours to do it cause' he wanna make sure everything is in perfect working condition. he rather took more time and got it rite in the first time than going back to fix it later.

KaPPaBaLL said:
good stuff. Now go get a nice tune. If you have already what #'s are you putting down and what other mods do you have now? Where in the bayarea do you live?

I wanna dyno my car, but my cobra r front bumper is too low, the dyno shop was affraid that it will rip the bumper off. So no dyno yet.
I live in San Jose. I will be in the www.cafords.com Show and Cruise tomorrow at 11 am in Dublin, CA. Hope to see you there too

Defleshed said:
how much did you pay the shop for the install??
twelve hundred. (thanks my mom for lending me the money :D )
i know it's a lot but i am not really good at mechanic and the vocabulary they use in car. ( English is my second language ) And i dont want to give it to someone that doesn't know much about Mustangs.

vidmaster said:
1200 doesnt seem bad, did that include a few dyno pulls and tune? or did you just the stock KB tune?
it doesn't include dyno and tune. however, Ken at KB said that i don't need to dyno tune cause' their tune is perfect for the car.
FYI, it costs about 65 dollars for 3 dyno pulls here.

are you running it on stock internals? I have a bone stock motor and was wanting a kenne bell so badly. however i thought i had to upgrade my motor first to handle it. So Now i was thinking about a 6psi kit until i can get enough cash to upgrade the engine with forged internals. I know KB designed their supercharger for the stock 2V, but how far can i go with it? Am I safe running a 9psi kit bone stock??

smokin'Red35th said:
are you running it on stock internals? I have a bone stock motor and was wanting a kenne bell so badly. however i thought i had to upgrade my motor first to handle it. So Now i was thinking about a 6psi kit until i can get enough cash to upgrade the engine with forged internals. I know KB designed their supercharger for the stock 2V, but how far can i go with it? Am I safe running a 9psi kit bone stock??

Just keep it under 400HP and you should be ok :nice:

smokin'Red35th said:
I am running on stock internal. i saw lots of people on www.modfords.com running more than 3000 miles with it without any problem. i think it all comes to how you treat your car. I read Kenne Bell tech tip. they said boost won't break your engine. however, rpm will break it. And here is some more info that i found on their website

What causes detonation? 1. Lean fuel mixture, 2. low octane fuel, 3. excess boost, 4. lack of fuel, 5. advanced ignition timing, 6. vacuum leak, 7. "hot" spark plugs, 8. overheated engine, 9. excessive inlet temperature (underhood filter).

Just keep rpm under 5500, and remember to turn off the Traction Controll on our car, or it will shut off the fuel and we'll be in a lot of trouble. I remind myself by putting a little piece of paper on the steering wheel :D
So far, i put 500miles on the KB without any problem. still hunting for ls1 :D

01MustangGT said:
First, i would like to thank Kenne Bell to put up a damn perfect kit and GNJ Motorsport in Milpitas, CA for the imazing installation.

i couldn't believe how much fun i have with the car rite now. it's so strong that i could pass people in my fifth gear with half throttle. the low end torque is just imazing. My car is so damn loud with the KB+ Mac o/r H + Magnapack. My friend in his turbo civic almost goes deaf when i passed him at 3000rpm in third gear. Compare to my stock, it's just like night and day. When i was stock, everytime i shift, the rpm will drop down and gain back but very slow. Now, with the Kenne Bell, everytime i shift, the rpm will be picked up right at where it was left in the gear before. :banana:
Take my advice, don't waste money on little things, u won't notice anything. Save it for the Kenne Bell, and you will never want to go back.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats man :nice:

Welcome to the club 01MustangGT :nice:
What a differnce it makes,uh?

I've got just under 12K miles on mine since I installed (saving $12K... wow!), 67K total miles, all on stock internals. I average 100 miles per day commuting back and forth from Osan AB area to Seoul, play all the time, run at the Yongin track once in a while and it is still holding strong. 9#'s will suite most stock 2V's just fine under "normal" street race'n conditions. Beat it however, and forget it, you may as well build a new motor now.

smokin'Red35th - where you at?