Kenne Bell 9psi Rocks!!!!!

01MustangGT said:
As long as he come next to me, i down shift to 4th, smash the gas pedal, psi jumps immediately to 9. the car pulled me into my seat,and i left his azz behind. the look on his face is priceless. i love it when the under dog pulled on the upper dog :D . Anyway, i guess he is stock with just exhaust. i didn't have chance to talk to him cause' he got off the exit immediately after he got smoke.
Kenne Bell rules :spot:

Congrats on everything. So you had enough time to look back at his face when you were racing right? hehehe :D

• Sponsors (?)

01MustangGT said:
thanks, the tq is just imazing, isn't it? :nice:

thanks for the advice, SmithAtlanta.
now i down shift to fourth to pass people.
i just killed a ls1 on freeway in fourth gear. i was getting to another freeway kinda fast. i saw an Z28 ls1 coming fast to challenge me ( somehow ls1 in my area always do that to a stang GT :D ) i think he chose the wrong GT. Thank kenne bell so much, KB makes my day :nice:
As long as he come next to me, i down shift to 4th, smash the gas pedal, psi jumps immediately to 9. the car pulled me into my seat,and i left his azz behind. the look on his face is priceless. i love it when the under dog pulled on the upper dog :D . Anyway, i guess he is stock with just exhaust. i didn't have chance to talk to him cause' he got off the exit immediately after he got smoke.
Kenne Bell rules :spot:

You should be downshifting to third unless you have really low gearing or you were going over 100 mph.

kirkyg

BrightBlue00GT said:
WOW, are you misinformed about Twin Screw blowers :shrug: . A T/S blower is by far the most daily driver friendly blower around making it extremely trustworthy. There is not limit on going into boost in 5th gear, in fact you actually go into boost easier at high gears. There is no 5500 rpm limit. Mine is set to 6800 now. A 5500 shift point limit would be crazy. Yes, you can absolutely be at full boost/power as low as 2000 rpm, but it is all throttle position related and you don't get into boost unless you want to by stomping the throttle. I hit the throttle hard many times in low gears around town and never get into boost. T/S blowers run cooler and are more efficient, thus less strain on a motor, not more.

There are some great articles on twin screws maybe you should read up on before diving in the Procharger, not that it's a bad blower, just the opposite, but if the reason you're getting one is because of your above justification, you're getting it for the wrong reasons.

Well truth is, I really dont know much at all about TS blowers :lol: I am kinda partial, because I set my 66 up for a centrificul (spell?) S/C so I have always liked them.Really, if you get a load on that KB it will put out some high boost at low RPMs, and I really dont like the idea of having all that PSI on the motor that quick, almost throught the whole rpm range.And I kinda want the rapidly increasing power that a procharger will give, and there is also the issue of traction.I think I can hook EASIER with the procharger on some 315s.And me and my dad would probably do the install and after looking at the intake, I dont think I want to remove all of that LOL.I know the KB is all about reliability, but I just think the procharger would be even better....even though I know one guy who blew his S/Cd GT up, but he was pushing like 14PSI on a stock lowend, and that guy would race an old grandmaw with 3 kids in the back seat if he pulled up next to her at a red light. :rlaugh: So I am not surprised, and I dont believe he ever had a tune either.So either will blow the engine if driven VERY hard, but what I want to know is what PSI would be safe to run on a stock lowend?I want to get 100K out of the engine at least.Anyways I know that KB doesnt limit you on that stuff, but the guys on here are saying that you shouldnt do it (like hit it in 5th).To me thats a limit, and if you look on KBs site they say something about they never recomend going over 6K with their S/Cs (on the GT I believe).I cant remember exactly what they said but basically they said RPMs will kill the engine, not so much boost (it wont help none though LOL).Another thing is cost, the KB costs like 1K more and it replaces the whole intake, but the P1SC makes just about the same HP and you have the whole the intake to work with to improve power, so again your not limited.Also I plan on going with a cobra engine later on and the KB wont work on both, but the procharger head unit will, saving me money.Those are some of the reasons I want the procharger, although I have nothing against the KB.I know that given perfect traction and the same style of car the procharger would get :owned: by the KB in the 1/4 mile, but its all about your personal needs/wants.For some the Twin Screw fits, and for others the centrificul fits better.Thanks for your time and the info though. :)

Hey 01MustangGT,
Nice meeting you last saturday!
Here are a few picts of your car and others that I took. make sure you get the KB intake with your kit, it will give you another 30+rwhp over what you now have. That's cheap HP for cuple hundred bucks :D
See you next time!
Alain
dsc00051_copy.jpg

dsc00065_copy.jpg

dsc00062_copy.jpg

dsc00057_copy.jpg

dsc00063_copy.jpg

Thanks, 00s281sc368
very nice meeting you. your car look mean, man.
r u going to the cafords.com car show on August 14th?. i am still thinking about it.
did you post the pic on cafords? some of them ask for it. i have some, but mostly the nice one heheheheh.
seeya some time

Edit: i posted all the pic you post here on cafords.com alread.
thanks again for the pics

hotmustang331 said:
... :lol: I am kinda partial, because I set my 66 up for a centrificul...
We're the same with our KB's :D

Most of us how have gone the KB route, at least myself and many others I know around the boards, worked directly with Ken, James, Brent and others at KB during our installs, tuning and testing and those guys have a wealth of experiance and knowledge. Myself and Red Dragon where actually the first two to do the 2V install so we worked REAL close with those guys, and I can tell ya they don't BS you. They tell you what's what, what you can do and shouldn't do, and stand behind what they say. At 9# of boost under non continuios racing conditions you are in no big danger as long as you have a good tune. Start racing all the time and you're asking for trouble without forging the bottom, but as a daily driver having fun, it'll last forever.

"Give me postive displacement or give me death!"

01MustangGT said:
Thanks, 00s281sc368
very nice meeting you. your car look mean, man.
r u going to the cafords.com car show on August 14th?. i am still thinking about it.
did you post the pic on cafords? some of them ask for it. i have some, but mostly the nice one heheheheh.
seeya some time

Edit: i posted all the pic you post here on cafords.com alread.
thanks again for the pics

Yeah I might go to the aug14 show...
I added more picts from last saturday on cafords thread, thanks for posting the other ones.
Alain