Kenne Bell Superchargers

• Sponsors (?)

Because there is a common misconception that they are inferior to centrifical. For a street car, they are a lot better in my opinion. I have the luxury of having two freinds with KB's on their 94-95's and I can tell you that they are a FUN blower to have. They can be made to be quick too, look at Jay95 and Don95vert, both run into the 11's with theirs.

Installing a centrifugal and installing a roots type blower like a Kenne Bell is an apples to oranges comparison. You either can install a supercharger or you can't - it's not going to be like "oh I can install a Paxton, but I can't install a KB." Another reason more people don't use Kenne Bell is because of the misconception, and because of Kenne Bell's less active marketing campaign. They mostly rely on "word on the street" as compared to Vortech and Paxton who advertise heavily.

Joe

Its not really a roots blower, its a twin screw. There is a difference... but I don't know it, oops! :confused: I know the twin screw design is more efficient, and is evident in the blower swaps on the '03 cobras and the lightenings. It is a fairly easy blower to install, but it takes two guys to lift it up onto the engine and position it, unless your an ox.

Yeah I thought they were different but I heard roots earlier in this forum so I just thought they were the same. How well could a stock block and pistons handle this blower?

the stock bottom end will handle it the same as any other blower.

Typically you can run less boost with a KB and get as good of times as vortechs runnin higher boost.

I think you should go over to the corral in the supercharger section, there are a bunch of guys there with them.
From what i have read over there, it seems that the centrifigal guys always trap higher then the KB guys. There are a bunch of 11 second KB combos over there, but the only one i can think of that has gone 120 is don95vert, but i may be wrong.

I dont know about them being cheaper, you can deff get a centrifigal for alot less then a KB. I think you should double check your prices.

I've done a lot of research on the KB and from what I've read, it is a very good blower. Only real downfall is no intercooler. I was dead set on a KB, but then I got a ride in a modded Buick GN :nice: . Now Im all about the turbos:hail2: . Thats what I plan on eventually getting. Its amazing how much power some people make with them, even on an otherwise stock engine.

Correct me if im wrong but, i have heard that the KB may produce more power with less boost but to run like anything more then 7-9 lbs then its a must for a intercooler as to where it is not uncommon to run 12lbs or higher on a vortech without an intercooler.

Trap speeds are going to be higher on a cent. blower because it takes longer to make boost, but I find that to be much better for street applications due to traction issues.
Thats why I love my s-trim... (drove it around for the first time today... Ran just like it normally does intill i put my foot into it..:eek: ) Of coarse im sure that I am completely bias because i have an s-trim.

The twin screws in an Autorotor or Kenne Bell do not touch. This results in less noise compared to a roots blower and more importantly, much less heat production. This is one of the reasons they produce more power than the roots-type.

When I looked into the KB i found them for less than $3000 and the vortech was like $3500. I might not be looking in the right places but that is what I have found so far. I haven't looked into the turbo much I thought they were a lot more expensive. But what I was asking can our stock bottom end take any blowers or turbos boost. Plus how do they do will stock heads?