Kenne bell Vs. Vortech

I personally don't like boost in and out of traffic in Houston. I've had both(98 svo head/blower), and I like the vortech kit. I like the feeling of the car being stock until I want the power. I don't road race, so I only need the power in the middle/upper RPM's.

The only thing I would take over a centri blower would be a small turbo. However, they are generally much more complicated, require custom fabrication, and are more expensive.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah no kidding. I have one and if I beat on the car long enough I can heat soak my kb 2.1. Just having an intercooler will not prevent heat soak in a KB car, period. You need to have a hood that is open enough to remove the heat and a electric water pump if you want to road race the car.

My underhood temps aren't bad but I plan to buy a heat extractor hood soon. And I do have an electric water pump.

Oh really? I don't regret for one second going with a centri.....and yes, I have a had vehicles with positive's as well.

Furthermore, when you get to really high horse levels on the street. A positive can get very very hard to get the power to the ground because of all that low down tq.

but to say the guy would just regret it is foolish. It's clear what you prefer but it's all personal opinion....... :shrug:

There's no question that it's my personal opinion and I'm not saying everyone will regret it. I've had the privilege of riding in both and IMO the instant torque of a PD blower is much more entertaining than the gradual build up of a centri car :shrug:

I personally don't like boost in and out of traffic in Houston. I've had both(98 svo head/blower), and I like the vortech kit. I like the feeling of the car being stock until I want the power. I don't road race, so I only need the power in the middle/upper RPM's.

The only thing I would take over a centri blower would be a small turbo. However, they are generally much more complicated, require custom fabrication, and are more expensive.

Easy to say when you've already got more torque at idle in the vette than 2V mustang's have at peak :p

On the same page with ya mark....pm me some details on the new ride.... 11.27 is getting pretty respectable, I want info...... That is the exact time my vette ran only time out (no nos)....75 shot ran a 10.7 at 132mph. Not sure what it would do with the 400hp shot though. :eek:

My vette may be going bye bye though for a turbo ls6 RX7 :nice: