Kevin Tetz LPGT update

kttrucks

Apr 28, 2008
Tennessee
I've been working on the 66 Coupe trying to get it to the point where it'll be ready for paint by spring.... may be ambitious with my current "free time" schedule but we have to set goals, right? So far the engine (4.6 Terminator/t-56) is in and fitting with the fiberglass Shelby hood. The most difficult thing so far has been figuring out how to install the 06 GT headlights and molding the fiberglass facia to fit the contour of the new lights, while rataining the overall look and vibe of the vintage car. I've got the firewall smoothed, removable nose ready to finish-weld, and the body fitting great on the Muscle-Up performance chassis. BBK Long tube headers actually fit, but I will have to use an oil filter relocation kit, due to the goofy configuration they chose for the obscenely outboard mounting position of the alternator and the factory oil cooling system. Next, after doing the mirror immage bodywork for the headlights on the passenger side, I'll get the 04 Cobra hydrdobees, pedal assemblies, and the Cobra dash in and fitting. I need another one of me to get this done...

KT
View attachment 60885

View attachment 60886

• Sponsors (?)

looks good! i have to ask... are the passages in the rails for a set of roush ground effects/ exhaust tips? i had a set envisioned for mine, but didnt go through with it. maybe if my car were a little more over the top, they wouldnt look too out of place, which is one of the reasons i talked myself out of them...:nice:

Actually I never thought about the Roush exhaust tips, but I may now! Thanks for the tip.... sorry for the pun. :rlaugh: I was actually going to make my own, but I like the substantial look of a cast aluminum tip. My rendering has A Nascar style exhaust with the splitter ( I'm out of photo space... cant post it but if you go to my blog Paintucation Blog - you'll see more detailed pics)
The rendering is a useful tool, in that it manages my ambition and I refer back to it to check myself. While the car is in this "middle" state of completion, it's easy to want to plan more custom stuff and keep changing the plan, but that creates a car that'll never be finished, and Im going to have this one done in 2010, by summer at the latest.

thanks for the kind words! I'm pretty stoked so far, and all the big chunks are finally in place, other than brakes, but I think that's handled as well.

KT.

Wow, same KT as on the power block?

Other than the obvious kool factor of being a gear head celeb,

tell me everything about Courtney! She's so, so many levels of hot/perfect/car chick, I almost can't stand it.....