kia wants to race

• Sponsors (?)

Well in my honest opinion you'll lose, and probably pretty bad too. I drove an 03 Accent as a rental awhile back when my Mustang was in the shop.....and I fell into a deep depression because it was MUCH faster than my Mustang lol. Accents and Spectras can't be too different. :D Someone said the Spectra will run 17 something, a non-modded 2.3L Mustang would be lucky to crack the 20's, so do the math. :shrug: Just save your pride and tell him that you don't waste your time on Kias. In the end, you still have the MUCH cooler car.

Sprayin2.3Stang said:
hey woodster, did u finally blow up the 2.3 with the 150 shot??????

nope, nitrous worked great, im sure i could have spray my life away (and my money for that matter!) ...my motor did bite the bullet thought, that was after i put a turbo (and supporting hardware) and boosted it....darn cheap headgaskets! hehe, oh well, gave me a reason to yank the beast and finish my turboswap to put in..ill post pictures this week hopefully of the buildup !

Take it to the track. The voice of reason. Is it really worth loosing your dignity to a KIA? 'Cause beating it will get you nothing! Worse yet loosing your licence to the fuzz, forbid looing your life to the car gods or the unmentionalble (whisper: someone elses life!). Go to a drag track & get a time slip! That way you can brag about how fast your car is, really. It don't mean sht without a slip.
So your car is posssbly faster than a KIA...90% of the fuggers out there are faster than a KIA...I'm faster that a KIA in my grocery getter Mazda (16.533 sec. <-- tried, tested and true!) Do the chicks flock to me like in the Dodge Hemi commercials, NO, so why bother putting it on the line. Cause the only thing you might get is DEAD!
Go ahead think I've lost my edge...You're 16 and I'm almost twice that! I've raced more than you could imagine. Try loosing you licence once, recieving 2 tickets where if the cop hadn't lowered the speed I would have lost my licence on the spot and a got a free ride to Club Fed. Oh yeah, charged for doing a 360 and a 180 in the middle of a 4 lane street an broad daylight. Call me stupid cause it was!
Anyway, done my rant...my vote goes to the KIA

Keep it simple. The smaller kits are a hair easier to intall and deal with. When you install your tank in the trunk just keep in mind where your gas tank is so you don't put a few holes in it. That would pretty much end your race career before it starts ;) Also keep a eye on where you run the nitrous line so you don't get it close to the exhaust or other hot areas. I dry kit is the easiest since all you have to mount is the Nitrous injector but you can't run that much jucie this way. ( I would stay below 75 shot) Most people just drill a small hole in the stock plastic air box and thread it there. Now I would follow everything the kit says to do right down to the last "T." Also I would use a some sort of cut off switch so that once you hit the nitrous it cuts off so you can't hit it again. This helps save on parts ;) Now above all else pay attention to what your doing and I wouldn't go hitting that stuff driving around town. Like that guy said a track is a good place to run your car and time slips does impress some people because it tells them you are smart and may really know how to race your car ;)