killed my engine w/ pictures

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by ItsStock02, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ItsStock02

ItsStock02 Member

Carnage really isnt too bad thank god. Bent a rod and broke some of the piston off. Happened while testing my n2mb wot box and missing a shift. Engine started ticking right after, limped it home and parked it for about a month till I had time to trailer it to the shop.

Anyways the engine is getting Manley rods and pistons. Im keeping the stock crank since I dont plan on surpassing 600whp. Heads will be staying stock except they will be getting timeserts so I can stop worrying about my plugs every time I change them. Once I upgrade my fuel system Im going to shoot for around 500whp maybe more and Ill be happy. That wont be for a while due to other priorities.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Nightfire

Nightfire Mustang Master

Damn that sucks. Didn't you just put the blower on? Im glad that you managed to not put a window in the block!

This is exactly why Im forging the bottom end WHILE putting on the blower. Those pics send chills down my spine.
  3. ItsStock02

ItsStock02 Member

I had the Kenne Bell on for about a month or two. Before that it was boosted with my Saleen Series IV for about 10k miles but made 50 less hp and 30 less tq at the wheels.
  4. Nightfire

Nightfire Mustang Master

Oh thats right, I remember now. Saleen blowers are such garbage.
  5. Rick 91GT

Rick 91GT SN Certified Technician Site Sponsor

Check that crank very well....
  6. Winters98GT

Winters98GT Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!! Founding Member

Word. +1.