Killercanary's new buildup thread...

Update, rotating assembly just arrived:

Thanks again to Kevin at http://www.kskustoms.com

Rotating assembly consist of:
-Scat 4340 forged crank
-Scat 4340 forged H beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts
-SRP forged pistons

I'm planning to have this assembly internally balanced.

This, along with the dart block should be good for 1000hp, which is more than I'll ever see.

Here's a pic:

51965.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Update, rotating assembly just arrived:

Rotating assembly consist of:
-Scat 4340 forged crank
-Scat 4340 forged H beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts
-SRP forged pistons

I'm planning to have this assembly internally balanced.

This, along with the dart block should be good for 1000hp, which is more than I'll ever see.

:hail2: :flag: :nice:

TurboSnake95- I thought you'd find my parts list interesting. :D I had already ordered it when I saw what parts you were running and couldn't wait to tell you I was going with virtually the same parts. It was re-assuring to me to see that you too had chosen these parts for your build which will definitely make more power than mine will with that honking turbo you have going on it.

Is yours internally balanced?

Killercanary said:
TurboSnake95- I thought you'd find my parts list interesting. :D I had already ordered it when I saw what parts you were running and couldn't wait to tell you I was going with virtually the same parts. It was re-assuring to me to see that you too had chosen these parts for your build which will definitely make more power than mine will with that honking turbo you have going on it.

Is yours internally balanced?

Why yes I beleive it was:nice:

O Scat 4340 3.25" '331' Forged crankshaft
O Scat 4340 5.400" H-beam rod
O Probe Dished 1.175 piston 14.2cc dish
O Clevite Bearings
O Total Seal Classic Race file fit rings
O Bliss Performance - block machining, balancing, assembly, and blueprint

Will:flag:

Well, I dropped off the block and rotating assembly today at http://www.rnhperformance.net/default.php

I'm having Rick assemble the shortblock for me. I've known him for a long time online and he has helped my dad and I a few times over the years. I can't wait to see what this thing will do when I get it back from him.

Ben- I'm not sure on the final compression ratio yet. It depends on a number of things at this point, namely which CC I decide to go with the heads. I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Doug- my mouth is watering too! Its very exciting for me to see that my car resurrection is finally starting to take place.

Tom- sure, come on down, just remember to bring those nice valve covers of yours along! :)

Will- Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be using similar bearing and such as you are. I'm leaving it up to Rick though. Those are items I have NO experience with, so I'll let the man that does pick them.

DUW

UPDATE: July 5th 2006

I picked up my assembled shortblock yesterday from Rick at http://www.rnhperformance.net
There are engine assemblers and then there are engine builders... Rick is no doubt an engine builder. He took the time to explain everything he did and why he did it to me. If there was anything that wasn't perfect he took the extra time to ensure that it was before I took delivery of it.

This a dart sportsman block with an internally balanced 4340 forged scat crank, rods, and forged SRP pistons. I'm running almost all of my old stuff such as my FTI cam, edelbrock intake, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 24lb injectors, shorty headers, bassani offroad X pipe, etc. The only change will be a set of AFR185 heads in place of my old 165's. That will be the combo... at least for this year. :D I hope to have the car up and running in a few weeks. I have to put the heads on and determine what length of pushrods I need, and then throw it back in the car. Its been apart so long that I'm sure the hardest part of the rebuild will be finding all of my old nuts and bolts for everything.

Here are some pics of the great work he did:

73691.jpg

73692.jpg

73693.jpg

Here's a pic of my Internally balanced crank with the mallory slugs:

73694.jpg

ARP 2000 rods bolts

73696.jpg

73698.jpg

The rest of the parts needed to finish off the shortblock: Fidanza aluminum flywheel, pioneer "0" balance balancer, canton oil pan, felpro gasket set, ARP balancer bolt, ARP oil pan bolts, and a new timing cover.
73700.jpg