Kinda pissed, must read.

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
So I got up yesterday real early to put this tremec cobra spec T-5 in my car. Got the old trans out in an hour and a half, took a break. Took my time so I didn't forget about anything. Finally got the trans in at around 3. I also found out my new valve covers need a phenolic spacer to clear them from my intake. So I get a stock valve cover back on get the car running. So I take it for a test drive and the trans is makin a funky faint knocking noise and is whining little bit, its not going into 2nd or 3rd smoothly. So I thought it was the adjustable stop causing the trans to be a little chunky into gear. So get back to my house and adjust the stops. Take the car out again and the trans seems to be making more noise than it was. So I figured I'd see if it would hold up to some power. Get on it in first (btw a 2.95 first gear ratio is awesome), and as soon as I hit second the trans starts screaming and popping. Third gear is the same way. I now have no gears except 4th and have to put my old trans back in!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Not a good weekend for my mustang. Just had to vent a lil bit.

• Sponsors (?)

This is why i coughed up the cash for a new trans. I didn't wanna play games with this kind of crap. When my 3550 goes or starts to go, it's getting rebuilt and SOLD and i'm getting a T56.

My Buddy has a sn95 and only has Fourth Gear.. They all went out on him on the way to Work.. i had to push him Cuz he had no Reverse, then he got going in 4th and made it all the way home in 4th.. Just Happend about a week ago too..

I got the trans from my friend that bought it from a guy he worked with that said it was good, what an a hole haha. Luckily I didnt spend a dime on it, I was gonna give my buddy the money after I put it in. The thing looked brand spankin new, had plugs in all the holes, new silicon at the seams. I guess I just got the bad luck of the draw. And there was fluid in it, Im not an idiot. The fluid actually came out pink today???????????not red at all lol It was gonna be a steal for 200 bucks if it was good. But I got my old trans back in at my friends house in 2.5 hours. And now my brake light switch isnt working.....:bang: ...........:bang: .......:bang: ......I just want to get it inspected and drive it! Havent driven her more than 40 miles in over 4 months!!!!!!!!

That does suck about your luck, but I got you trumped...

I have to yank my motor out after all that time getting it in and back together. Have to buy all the gaskets again, do all the work again, and have the car down even longer.

Oh and 4 months, I havent driven mine over a mile in over a year and a half!

WHAT wtf happened? I feel your pain man, the thing that really pisses me off about driving my car IS THAT I CAN! I keep goin to the inspection shop and they keep putting me off!!! I just want to drive my perfectly driveable car now!!! AHHHH hopefully I can get it inspected tomorrow so I can bring it back up to school with me. And I want to drive my car with my blue LED's in all my gauges and headlight/hazard switches, and actually feel what the aluminum driveshaft is like. And hopefully this 30-40 degree weather will turn into spring time! This cold is rediculous.

That does suck about your luck, but I got you trumped...

I have to yank my motor out after all that time getting it in and back together. Have to buy all the gaskets again, do all the work again, and have the car down even longer.

Oh and 4 months, I havent driven mine over a mile in over a year and a half!

NOOOOOOOOO, WTF happened? :eek:

Not to get off topic a whole lot....but i'm pissed too. My work the good ole Department of Defense decided to block :SNSign: so no longer can i surf the pages at work:bang: :owned:

What happened, this **** shortlbock wont pump the lifters with enough oil. I think its something that was done when machining or when the cam bearings were put in (from what a racer friend tells me) that just causes it to not give enough oil. The thing sounds like a diesel pickup!

I hear you, I have to get mine done, get it through emissions, swap motors and figure some small issues out!

What a PITA. Me and my roomates (all have fox body's) were gonna bring our cars back to school tonight and just about 2 hours ago, Jeff blew his trans up and dan cant get his car started. Is god punishing us via our cars? what the hell!