knee surgery= no stang for few :(

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch, feel for ya bro. I've had 2 ACL reconstructions and meniscus repair (more like removal). Just take the physical therapy afterwards SERIOUSLY and don't get lazy otherwise it can really limit you're movement.

What type of surgery?

Ouch, feel for ya bro. I've had 2 ACL reconstructions and meniscus repair (more like removal). Just take the physical therapy afterwards SERIOUSLY and don't get lazy otherwise it can really limit you're movement.

What type of surgery?

physical therapy is the best.. I just had 4 weeks of it because of a disk in back and the therapy has me bending like i never have before.. I feel like im 16 again..

surgery

they said something about a tear in miniscus and a torn tenden. i dont really feel pain unless i stand on it or have it in one spot for a while. it pops as i walk or bend it. hate being out of work boardum is the worst thing in world lol:eek:

I had knee surgery 2 summers ago.

Was a miniscus tear and some chrondamacia of the patella.

It was on my gas/brake leg, and i was driving again in a week.

Yeah, a miniscus tear can be a fairly simple fix depending how long you have been chewing it up (that's the popping/grinding sound you hear in your knee) and how much they have to cut out or if its just a simple stitch together (hopefully)

Both my ACL reconstructions kept me out of the drivers seat for a couple months (gas leg) If it was my left leg it would have been longer, gas is easier to depress.

they said something about a tear in miniscus and a torn tenden. i dont really feel pain unless i stand on it or have it in one spot for a while. it pops as i walk or bend it. hate being out of work boardum is the worst thing in world lol:eek:

Just had mine done on March 16th, they did the miniscus fix and removal, and removed some bone from my knee cap that had been busted and was causing issues. I was back to walking in 7 days, and back to playing drums in 10 days. Amazing how fast it got better by following the exercises they told me to do while I was home laid up in bed. It hurt like hell to do them at the time, but I am glad I did now.

Man I know your pain. I've had a total of 17 knee surgeries. One total replacement on my right and pretty much the only thing left on my left knee that I was born with is the actual patella. I had to get rid of my cobra because I couldn't drive a 5 speed anymore. oh yea, I just 23. :)

knee

well ill shut my hole suck it up and deal with it, thanx for everyones input i feel very luck compaired to most of u, i hope who ever has had surgery is makeing possitive progress every day:)

yup no fun! my right peg is worth between $70-100,000 i was told by my doc. playing basketball (lost my scholorship btw) my knee was on the ground, with a 220lb dude on it, an my ankle decided ot whisper something in my ear.... not fun. the outside of my calve was basically touching the outside of my thigh. 2 acl reconstructions, mcl recon, severe pcl strain, and 0% cartilage left (after 2 removals of torn meniscus), i'm lucky to be walking!!!:bang: i was told there was a chance i might need a wheel chair by the time i was 30 it was so bad, but i got one of the best docs in the country. he does all surgeries for the Edmonton oilers and edmonton eskimos.. i now have severe arthritis in both knees (b/c the good leg is now overworked). my hamstings were cut, stretched, and then threaded through holes drilled in my bones and attached with screws, in order to keep it together because my ligaments were toast.
All i can say is good luck man! It has changed my life forever, and i don't wish it on anyone!